Favorite roms

jrkalina

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
alright im kinda new to the whole rooting and roms thing. still i wanna try out some different roms so i figured id ask what everyones favorite/current roms are links and screen shots would be nice plus it would be a good way to compile all the coolest roms for people to see what they want. im currently on the evil eris rom its nice but im curious what else is out there

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
xtrROM (now at 3.0.3) is the one I keep coming back to. For a more vanilla feel, CELB 2.8 is very good as well. I really disliked Evil Eris, actually - more the default look and feel, plus I think that you really need to run it with a2SD. I had less than 30 MB free storage after installing all of my apps.

The others that I didn't really like include Aloysius and Senseable. The others that seem ok are Plain Jane and Ivan's. I haven't tried xtrSense yet, but, based on xtrROM, I expect that it is very good. I think that if you go with a Sense based ROM, it's better to go close to stock Eris rather than a port of a Sprint Hero ROM.

All of these ROMs are at xda developers forum - you can find them there, in the Eris section. Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm running kaosfroyo 2.2, its pretty sweet pretty much just froyo overclocked to 710, if you can give up the perview on the camera in the stock app you might wanna check it out, it was the only one i have tried so far.

jrkalina

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
yeah i just switched back to kaosfroyo v23 its kinda laggy on my phone though plus i miss the htc sense widgets. and is live wp working for yall?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
KaosFroyo is in the 30's now. CELEBFroyo, and Tazz are also great. All are less Lagg than any SenseUI rom (especially stock).

for widgets... you can use Scrollable Contacts Widget work great if you use ADW or Launcher Pro.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I just installed xtrSense 4.1 and it works great. Frees up tons of internal memory and everything is faster. Admittedly, I haven't tried any others, but I don't see any reason to fool around with it at this point. Very happy with it at this point.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
On another note, one problem I've been having - pre and post-root - is the conflict between Google Nav and streaming audio apps (Pandora, TuneIn, WunderRadio, etc). Running both at the same time - which I do often, since I drive a lot - often causes Google Nav to freeze and crash or get way behind. It'll FC and but will still be running and I can reactivate it from my Notifications window and it'll be fine. For a while anyway.

Does anyone know of a ROM or script that could alleviate this problem?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I use nav and pandora alot too it seems if you do alota start stop on nav it'll freeze but rebootin it always helps get it back on track for me?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to tell what the processor is running at? I just rooted and flashed xtrsense.

Unless you did something yourself, xtrSENSE is set to run at 245/710 MHz. In other words, when the processor is taxed it will overclock to 710 MHz, when it is idle it will run at 245 MHz, though it can step through a number of speeds based on processor demand (i.e., 480, 528, 604.8).

You can see what the CPU is running at any given time by running a free app called System Panel (and I am sure that there are others.)

Reactions: Droid hungry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat