Favorite Texting app?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a S21 phone and a Tab S7 tablet. I want a good texting app that will work on both and sync with each other. I am currently using the Samsung Message app but it leaves a lot to be desired. I am looking for recommendations.

I had been using Verizon Messages+ and I liked it. But when I switched from Verizon to Consumer Cellular it no longer would work on my tablet although it still worked on my phone.

I just want a app that I can customize a little bit and that will automatically download pics sent to me.

What app do you all use?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
With Google messages, you can open Google Chrome and use the app anywhere. That's what in using myself

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I looked into using Textra, however it is not available for download on my tablet. Must not be compatible. I'll take a look a Next SMS. Keep the suggestions coming.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I switch between Samsung Messages, Google Messages, and Textra (pro version). All are great but my favourite at the moment is Google Messages.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Favorite is google messages but because I use a Samsung watch
I use Samsung messaging app. It integrates better with the watch.
Hopefully one day Samsung will make google messages the default
here in the USA and I can switch permanently.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It seems that many messaging apps, such as Textra and Google Messages are not compatible with a tablet. I can get them for my phone but they are not available for my tablet. So I guess I will have to stick with Samsung Messages. Its pretty basic and not customizable , but at least it works on both of my devices.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It seems that many messaging apps, such as Textra and Google Messages are not compatible with a tablet. I can get them for my phone but they are not available for my tablet. So I guess I will have to stick with Samsung Messages. Its pretty basic and not customizable , but at least it works on both of my devices.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

What kinds of customization are you looking for? Samsung's Messages app will let you customize the background/wallpaper and even your text bubbles. It will do individual notification tones for different contacts, as well.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A good app for using with a tablet is pulse sms
Forgot about Pulse! Paid for the lifetime membership way back when but haven't used it in a very long time (currently using Google Messages). From what I remember about Pulse, it should be a good option for what the OP is looking for ... Good call Kizzy!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I can customize with Samsung Messages? Huh? I didn't see a way to do it. I just want to change colors and text bubbles. That's all. I'll take another look but I've looked at Samsung Messages many times and didn't see a way to change those things.