Favorite things about 5.0 Lollipop?

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Count down of my Top 3 thoroghly thrilling things about Android 5.0.2 Lollipop:

#3 - Double tap on status bar to turn off display screen AND put processor to sleep. Didn't think much of this until seeing how flat the graph of battery level looks at morning wake up time. No awakenings all night, only 1 or 2% drop per 8 hours. I luv it!

#2 - ART, the Android Run Time framework, makes the UI so smooth and responsive, like my S4 Mini had never been, previous to Lollipop. And now, my most favorite thing... (drum roll):

#1 - The recent apps selector 'Rollodex!'

Rollodex.png

It's so beautifully fluid, useful, and fun. I see that Chrome tabs are now using something similar. It'd be great if more of the OS would use rollodex navigation, particularly Gallery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
#1 - I don't have it installed. And with all the bug reports I've been reading, that's pretty thrilling. My phone is generally awake only when I get an email or text or I'm using it, so battery life is great (2 days, at least, to 40%, if I'm not using it much). The screen turns off after 30 seconds, unless I'm running an app that I have the timeout set longer for. I know where my apps are, so I don't need a list of recently used ones. Art might be nice - once all the apps I need to run can run on ART. But it's not worth the bugs.

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed in the Google Now update that it no longer shows my favorite stocks in a table like it just did yesterday. Thanks for nothing Google.