Feel on the Ear

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how the S6 Edge will feel on the ear? This is something that I always consider with the phone itself, and cases I purchase.

The S5 is not the most comfortable device against my ear. It's tolerable.

If anyone who has held one can comment on this, I will give them a thousand thank you's!

Side note - the Samsung branded cases look like they won't impede too much with on-ear comfort

Attachments

• 1426261027942.jpg
    1426261027942.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 43

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so is the S5.... talk on it for more than 10 min....

What he is trying to say is that every smartphone will essentially feel the same during a call since they are all essentially flat pieces of glass.

If you want more comfort, invest in a Bluetooth headset or a curved screen phone like the G-Flex.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah so is the S5.... talk on it for more than 10 min....

Sorry man I wasn't trying to be rude, but all new smartphones are built the same with a front glass screen you hold your ear up to, hence my comment. They will all feel the same on the ear imo.

Fyi I use a a Note 3.

I'd suggest if you have issues with issues with "ear feel", to use a Bluetooth ear piece instead. Although those can get tedious for me anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
In defense of the OP, the handset speaker sits over screen area near the top edge. The higher up the speaker, the more the top edge of the phone digs into your ear, especially if it's a sharp jutting edge like the "chrome" band on the S5.

I haven't tried out the S5, but the speaker is placed is little lower from the edge than on the S5 and the band looked more rounded that the sharp contours of the S5 band.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In defense of the OP, the handset speaker sits over screen area near the top edge. The higher up the speaker, the more the top edge of the phone digs into your ear, especially if it's a sharp jutting edge like the "chrome" band on the S5.

I haven't tried out the S5, but the speaker is placed is little lower from the edge than on the S5 and the band looked more rounded that the sharp contours of the S5 band.

Exactly. It looks like the S6 will not "carve" out your ear as much as the S5 does. Just curious if anyone that had a chance to handle it did the phone-to-the-ear test.

Actually I am surprised more people don't consider the on-ear feel for their smartphones. It's one of those things that always weighs heavy in my purchase decision. Maybe I am just too old and need to get into the InstaFaceTwitter scene.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it bothers most people. I confess I didn't know what you were talking about until I put my S5 up to my ear and figured out what you meant. I usually use BT headphones for long conversations anyway.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I routinely have 1 hour+ phone conversations on the S5 and I don't find it uncomfortable on my ear. Holding my arm up for the hour is far more uncomfortable than the S5 resting on my ear.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal