Few Rooting Questions

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I understand that it's a pain in the butt to root the Inspire and I am not really worried about doing it as I have already got the gold card made and what not, and the process after the gold card seems pretty simple. What concerns me is the fact of the 'downgrade' that I have to do on the phone itself. I also heard someone mention it's the European ROM that is being installed, and it changes the temperature to Celsius, are these true statements? What all happens after you root the phone? What are the outcomes of actually rooting the phone?

misterbbq

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i guess it depends upon which of the roots you were planning to use. i used the 'one click' from bubby and it does indeed downgrade the rom to gain the root access (turns everything celcius, sound doesn't work, etc.). the last part of this exploit is to reflash the original rom back over it. so my phone looked exactly like it did the day i got it, only with root access to 'freeze' programs i didn't want with titanium backup. and for some reason....muuuuuch better battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly