News Fewer Android users switched to iOS last year, but it's still a problem

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
As someone who has been on Android since the very beginning and moved one of my accounts to iOS exactly two years ago, I can say without any difficulty at all, that my experience on iOS has been completely phenomenal, even on a two year ‘old’ 13 Pro Max! My reception even in the remote parts of the Southwest is about as good as it gets and the battery life in an everyday usage puts whatever I obtained on any Android device to literal shame. I’m not here to bad mouth Android at all, just giving my thoughts about transitioning to iOS after a totally horrible Pixel 6 Pro experience, especially with its WEAK modem and poor battery life. Sure, if you sit right by a router all day using WiFi, positive usage is a no brainer. However, using cell phones as mobile devices is what counts and iOS gives me better reception and battery life over Android. The next Android phone I get, assuming will go in that direction, will definitely be a Samsung! One last point… Apple customer service is far better than Google’s. I also say this because I run Google for my emails and corporate account. Google has slipped big time over the years and when I need assistance, they’re tough to get a hold of. Use whatever phone you want and enjoy. Just sharing all of this because for years, I knocked Apple and iOS. For my money, and being on Verizon business for twenty four years with the same cell number thirty one years, iOS has come a long way, as has Android, but when I add it all up, iOS is a more seamless experience.

Last edited:

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I wonder how they gather these statistics? My wife switched in the opposite direction last year, from Apple to Android, and she was never asked or required to disclose her previous device. Seems like the only ones who'd know are the device owner and the carrier.
Hmm :unsure:

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
My husband has been trying to get me to convert to Apple even buying me one of their Apple watches as an " appetizer " for an Apple IPhone and all their other fancy iPads.

Well I said " thank you but no thank you " and returned the watch

taynjack

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I've wanted to switch to Apple, but my need to be on Windows computers for work, combined with the better Android/Windows integration along with the cost to go to Apple has kept me on Android.

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm one of the odd balls who switched the other way. I went from an iPhone 13 to a Galaxy S23 Ultra and couldn't be happier with the move.

Reactions: Kdroid

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how they gather these statistics? My wife switched in the opposite direction last year, from Apple to Android, and she was never asked or required to disclose her previous device. Seems like the only ones who'd know are the device owner and the carrier.
Hmm :unsure:
Food for thought....what about someone who started out as Android, bought an iPhone, and uses them both roughly equally? Is that counted as a flip?

Reactions: Laura Knotek