Finally gave in and ordered a OP6 tonight.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I owned the first model Oneplus 1 back in the days when you had to wait for your invite, lucky I was number 8,000 or somewhere around there. The last Oneplus I owned was a OP3. Went back to AT&T carrier branded phones since then. Sold a couple of older Samsung phones I had laying around and used that to up my OP6 to a 128 gb Red model. I had a few problems with the OP3 I had and kind of blew off Oneplus since then, but all the improvements they seemed to make these past few years, and the good reviews I've seen and read I couldn't pass it up. Especially now that I have a little buyers remorse over my AT&T full priced Note 8. Not that the Note 8 is a bad phone, just getting tired of phones pushing the $1,000 area.

Last edited:

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i am thinking of doing the same. were you ever considering waiting for the 6t?

Not really, I looked at the past mid year "T" upgrades from the 3T and 5T and figured there never seems to be a really big difference and they always seem to raise the price a bit. Also like most of the phone manufactures these days, there is always a newer model coming out soon. I figured being that the last Oneplus I owned was a 3, this has to be a big improvement over that phone.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at grabbing the 6gb version right now and ditching my iPhone X. I have enjoyed this phone but I miss Android and I'm really getting tired of paying over $1k for a phone. I figured that I could get the OP6, a cheap Wear OS watch, and a Fire tablet for travel entertainment and save about $500 over just my iPhone.

Hope you enjoy your new OP6!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so awesome! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your new red OnePlus 6!

Also, I agree with you: I too do not think there's enough of a difference between the "new" iteration and the future "T" iteration to warrant an upgrade. In fact, I liked the OnePlus 5 better than the 5T (though I loved both).

Anyway, hope you are loving your new phone! Random question: does the 6 still have the alert slider?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That's so awesome! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your new red OnePlus 6!

Also, I agree with you: I too do not think there's enough of a difference between the "new" iteration and the future "T" iteration to warrant an upgrade. In fact, I liked the OnePlus 5 better than the 5T (though I loved both).

Anyway, hope you are loving your new phone! Random question: does the 6 still have the alert slider?

Yes. Don't know about the 6T though.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it so far?

Loved the phone just wouldn't work as a "phone". I just dropped it off to send back. Nothing against Oneplus, I also own a 3T, for some reason this phone has a really bad cell signal, tried everything, reset network, different APNs, factory reset, new Sim card. Still the same can put my Sim card in my 3T and it works fine, so it's definitely the phone. Wasn't offered a replacement and the phone was 5 days old so I sent it back. Never had to use oneplus customer service before, Having me send the phone to Acer in Texas to evaluate it before I can get a refund, have to get the OK from Acer before they will give me a refund. Makes me wonder about their 15 day no hassle return policy though. Also neither Oneplus or Acer provides any type of shipping label, just a 2 page set of instructions on how to pack it, how to mark the box, and suggests FedEx or UPS insured. My co worker sent his Oneplus 5T back last year because he didn't like it and they sent him a pre paid shipping label.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Loved the phone just wouldn't work as a "phone". I just dropped it off to send back. Nothing against Oneplus, I also own a 3T, for some reason this phone has a really bad cell signal, tried everything, reset network, different APNs, factory reset, new Sim card. Still the same can put my Sim card in my 3T and it works fine, so it's definitely the phone. Wasn't offered a replacement and the phone was 5 days old so I sent it back. Never had to use oneplus customer service before, Having me send the phone to Acer in Texas to evaluate it before I can get a refund, have to get the OK from Acer before they will give me a refund. Makes me wonder about their 15 day no hassle return policy though. Also neither Oneplus or Acer provides any type of shipping label, just a 2 page set of instructions on how to pack it, how to mark the box, and suggests FedEx or UPS insured. My co worker sent his Oneplus 5T back last year because he didn't like it and they sent him a pre paid shipping label.

Man that sucks. I’ve been wavering on grabbing one but haven’t pulled the trigger. I’m looking to get away from Apple, but I want to save some money, so that leaves me with a specific list of phones I can look at.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Sorry to read that, as my AT&T LTE signal continues to be without issue where ever I travel for work or personal. All I did was call and have AT&T update my imei number in their system before I started using the OP6, and it has been fine so far in the short time that I have had it.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just think I got a bad phone, I don't think there is anything wrong with Oneplus phones, I've owned 3, 4 including the 6 I just returned. I had one of the first Oneplus 1's and a 3 and still have a 3T. This is my first one with a problem. Being that they didn't offer a replacement, I'm just going to wait and see what the 6T is like.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just think I got a bad phone, I don't think there is anything wrong with Oneplus phones, I've owned 3, 4 including the 6 I just returned. I had one of the first Oneplus 1's and a 3 and still have a 3T. This is my first one with a problem. Being that they didn't offer a replacement, I'm just going to wait and see what the 6T is like.

That's too bad that you had an issue with your OnePlus 6! Hopefully you will enjoy the 6T when it comes out! I'm eagerly anticipating its release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addity