Finally the phone it should have been all along

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been very critical of the Pixel 6 in the almost two years I've had it, but installing the latest Beta (v5) has made it the phone it should have always been. Sure, I would like a stronger modem, but fingerprint, battery life, thermal control are all much better.

I was sure I was going to replace it when my payment contract ended, but if 14 stable is as good (dare I hope for better) as the beta, I may run my 6 for another year (or 2). Normally, I keep phones until they stop receiving OS updates. Since the 6 will get Android 15, I could conceivably wait until the Pixel 10 and Android 16. That said, I may be tempted to move up to the 8 pro for a telephoto lens. But at least it will be a choice, not a need.

I guess I just wanted to balance my critical posts with a positive one.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear. I have enjoyed my P6P since I got it. It is not perfect, and there are a few minor annoyances imo, but overall it's a great phone. I plan to switch to the P8P when released, and hope that a few of my minor dislikes are fixed, but this had been a good phone. None of my complaints were big enough to switch the to 7 and any other phone.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's finally usable! I've had 3 phones since the Pixel 6 though, so it will likely stay in it's drawer. I actually still have a oneplus 5 that still gets more use than the Pixel 6... I do wonder which I'd use if I had no other choice...

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been very critical of the Pixel 6 in the almost two years I've had it, but installing the latest Beta (v5) has made it the phone it should have always been. Sure, I would like a stronger modem, but fingerprint, battery life, thermal control are all much better.

I was sure I was going to replace it when my payment contract ended, but if 14 stable is as good (dare I hope for better) as the beta, I may run my 6 for another year (or 2). Normally, I keep phones until they stop receiving OS updates. Since the 6 will get Android 15, I could conceivably wait until the Pixel 10 and Android 16. That said, I may be tempted to move up to the 8 pro for a telephoto lens. But at least it will be a choice, not a need.

I guess I just wanted to balance my critical posts with a positive one.
Thanks for the writeup! The fingerprint scanner continues to infuriate me daily so, if that one feature is better, I'll be thrilled.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. I've had my P6P since release and it's been a pretty darn good phone except for one thing- battery life. Battery life hasn't been horrible but it certainly could be better. My main gripe is the overnight loss of charge. Since day one it loses between 6% and 10% overnight and is totally unexplainable because my phone is in DND mode that whole time. This one thing is completely ridiculous to me since it makes no sense at all.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
" Since day one it loses between 6% and 10% overnight and is totally unexplainable because my phone is in DND mode that whole time. This one thing is completely ridiculous to me since it makes no sense at all."

I leave mine on a wireless charger overnight. Been doing that for years with no ill effect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter