Find lost evo 4g lte?

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello my fellow fandroids i have a question i know that android os has a feature call owners info in case you loose your phone, your info will display on the lock screen, i cant seem to find those setting on my LTEVO is it even available ? if not is there a stock app that i can download or should i look for a third party app on the market? ill rather not, but what are some good apps to find a lost/stolen phone? Thanks for your help

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
htcsense.com used to be able to do this and worked pretty good but I know you can use lookout and I use that one and I know it works.

Ice

Reactions: miicho85

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello my fellow fandroids i have a question i know that android os has a feature call owners info in case you loose your phone, your info will display on the lock screen, i cant seem to find those setting on my LTEVO is it even available ? if not is there a stock app that i can download or should i look for a third party app on the market? ill rather not, but what are some good apps to find a lost/stolen phone? Thanks for your help

Check out Look Out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sb29rb3V0Il0.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Any stock app you know of? like htc app or android os

Look Out would be better than anything HTC or Android would put out ... Look Out is a Security company that ONLY does security ... Throughout the years Look Out has been written about many times about finding viruses and malware and security breaches in devices and software as well as apps ... It scans your phone for everything ... You should check it out.

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
MMmmm checking out the reviews for look out some people say it makes their phone slower, also i have another question does the gps has to be on at all times ? wouldn't that drain the battery?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sprint TEP and "Where's my Droid". They do serve a little different purpose. We all like "Where's my Droid". If you loose your phone in the sofa or forget which room you left it you can just text a phrase to it and volume is turned loud and it starts ringing. Makes it easy to find.

I also use it get my kids attention. If they don't answer a call or text I will send the "phrase" to their phone and it will start ringing loudly. They usually answer quickly! :)

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the cerberus app. This is a really great app. It has the option to track the phone, take pics remotely, record and whole slew of other things. And the fact that you can hide it from the app draw is a plus. Its well worth the $4

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
+1 on Lookout. I've been using it for almost two years, and while I've never lost my phone (and hopefully never will), I've tested the locate phone feature, and it works pretty well.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed Lookout on my phone, my mom's, my sister's, my girlfriend's, my friend's, and next time I get ahold of my dad's phone it will be installed on there too.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I use "Prey" but with all the lookout feedback i may look into it. I trend to avoid any virus scanning app because i don't want any extra memory drain. I know how it effect my laptop.