Fingerprint sensor trick?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Make your unlock feel a lot faster by turning animations off

Yes. One caveat, if you set the "animator duration" scale to 0.5, the little fingerprint icon on the lock screen won't always appear. At least that's what happens with my P6P. The other two scales don't seem to affect it.
Ahh didn't try

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish you luck when you get your P6Pro, RETG. I'll be watching to see how you fare. My FPS is working reliably, so I'm good.

Thanks. I hope it works, guess I'll eventually find out. Still to be delivered Dec 17-18. Luckily, my 4XL still works great, and since a month or so ago, I actually have great cell service at my house to see how it works.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone else has noticed. I feel like I'm having more success on the lower left side of the sensor. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's nothing. Just thought I'd post as see if anyone else sees this. It's not perfect but it's something I've picked up on.

Enroll the same fingerprint twice. That worked for me. It's pretty snappy now.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I've been using the 6 pro, I have to admit the FPS isn't the greatest. It's not horrible, but has frustrated me at times. and my left thumb does seem to work more consistently than the right.

The key for me is, my hands have to be clean, and clean plus moisturized works the best. I guess what makes it not so bad is, it still works if you apply some pressure, even if the first two conditions aren't met; but not always.

I'm a Pixel fan, but the in screen FPS is just inconsistent. I understand peoples frustrations, and it's just something I can deal with.

I wonder if even the drier months have anything to do with it - but that shouldn't really make a difference. Dry hands should still be able to do the job, theoretically speaking. That's interesting that sometimes applying pressure will cause the FPS to function, regardless of those other two factors you mentioned.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if even the drier months have anything to do with it - but that shouldn't really make a difference. Dry hands should still be able to do the job, theoretically speaking. That's interesting that sometimes applying pressure will cause the FPS to function, regardless of those other two factors you mentioned.

My comment about applying pressure was from what the phones says when it doesn't work. At times it will say "press a little harder" when it's not registering.

The Pixel's in screen FPS reminds me of Samsung's second attempt at this technology. It works better than the first Samsung in screen FPS, but not as good as what Samsung has now, particularly the S21 Ultra. It makes me wonder if Google is using Samsung's 1st or 2nd generation hardware.

It's hard to describe because it works most of the time, and it may not seem that way by reading my posts.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My comment about applying pressure was from what the phones says when it doesn't work. At times it will say "press a little harder" when it's not registering.

The Pixel's in screen FPS reminds me of Samsung's second attempt at this technology. It works better than the first Samsung in screen FPS, but not as good as what Samsung has now, particularly the S21 Ultra. It makes me wonder if Google is using Samsung's 1st or 2nd generation hardware.

It's hard to describe because it works most of the time, and it may not seem that way by reading my posts.

Oh okay, I see what you are saying! I think my Pixel 5 has that same saying.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed if I have been handling cardboard or some paper products my fingers get really dry and the fps won't work. After I moisturize my hands with hand sanitizer the fps is fast. And then as my hands begin to gradually dry out the fps will slow down.. and down..and down. Moisturize hands. Then it's fast again.

I noticed while working out at the club my thumb would dry out and I could not get in phone without the pattern log in. I found if I licked my thumb and wipe it on my shorts the FPS would work again. Not the most covid/flu/cold safe to do using workout germ infested machines at a health club.

Then I got the bright idea to add a dry thumb finger scan. That did it. I am not a thumb licker anymore.

Still the fPS is definitely temperamental. Now my main problem is it seems to not work if I have not used my phone for maybe and hour. Then if I log into phone with the pattern, I can immediate close the screen and open with my thumb. Not sure if Pixel supposed time out fingerprint log in or I have and issue or if there is a time out type setting?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I noticed while working out at the club my thumb would dry out and I could not get in phone without the pattern log in. I found if I licked my thumb and wipe it on my shorts the FPS would work again. Not the most covid/flu/cold safe to do using workout germ infested machines at a health club.

Then I got the bright idea to add a dry thumb finger scan. That did it. I am not a thumb licker anymore.

Still the fPS is definitely temperamental. Now my main problem is it seems to not work if I have not used my phone for maybe and hour. Then if I log into phone with the pattern, I can immediate close the screen and open with my thumb. Not sure if Pixel supposed time out fingerprint log in or I have and issue or if there is a time out type setting?
That last part is a known bug. There is an issue with Trust Settings. There is a long Pixel Bug Tracker on the Google site for it. Hopefully it's fixed soon

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That last part is a known bug. There is an issue with Trust Settings. There is a long Pixel Bug Tracker on the Google site for it. Hopefully it's fixed soon

Do you have a link to this bug tracker page? Did some searches and could not find it.

One would think Google's internal testers would tell them the fingerprint sensor does not work great.

So far, this is my only complaint about phone. Not a huge deal but can be a PITA at times when I am quickly trying to open phone for whatever reason and keep getting a read error. Then the next 10 times it works fairly well.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my Pixel 6 Pro from Verizon. The sensor seemed to work fine until the guy at the store put a glass screen protector on it now it doesn't work at all. It was even difficult for it to read my finger. I deleted my finger print after the screen protector was put on because it wouldn't read. After many attempts it finally took my finger print but doesn't work with this screen protector on it.. any fixes or advice will be greatly appreciated!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I got my Pixel 6 Pro from Verizon. The sensor seemed to work fine until the guy at the store put a glass screen protector on it now it doesn't work at all. It was even difficult for it to read my finger. I deleted my finger print after the screen protector was put on because it wouldn't read. After many attempts it finally took my finger print but doesn't work with this screen protector on it.. any fixes or advice will be greatly appreciated!
What glass screen protector do you know? I don't know of any official glass ones available right now for the pro model

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Do you have a link to this bug tracker page? Did some searches and could not find it.

One would think Google's internal testers would tell them the fingerprint sensor does not work great.

So far, this is my only complaint about phone. Not a huge deal but can be a PITA at times when I am quickly trying to open phone for whatever reason and keep getting a read error. Then the next 10 times it works fairly well.
Link to the Google bug tracker page for the Smart Lock issue: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/204539734

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards