Fingerprint unlock not as quick?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the fingerprint sensor not as quick/accurate as it should be?

Coming from a Huwaei phone, the fingerprint unlock was very quick and about 98% of the time accurate.

I find with the Samsung S9+.. i'm having retry at least 2-3 times till it unlocks. I would say it's 90% accurate at most.

Does anyone else experience fingerprint unlock problems? I did re-register my fingers to see if that would solve the issue, but it has not.

Please advise or share your experience.

karelj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Never had a phone with fingerprint unlock before so I can't make a comparison on speeds. But from my point of view, it is very fast.

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine is much quicker/more accurate than my S7. Plus I like having two different fingers registered. I can unlock with either hand.

I can't speak to how well this compares to other brands as these are the only 2 phones I've used with fingerprint recognition.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Your fingerprint(s)registered: Did you slightly move your finger to get various angles to the sides and up and down? That helps a lot when registering and using a fingerprint so fewer attempts are usually needed. Maybe re-register - delete the fingerprint thats saved and make a new one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the fingerprint sensor not as quick/accurate as it should be?

Coming from a Huwaei phone, the fingerprint unlock was very quick and about 98% of the time accurate.

I find with the Samsung S9+.. i'm having retry at least 2-3 times till it unlocks. I would say it's 90% accurate at most.

Does anyone else experience fingerprint unlock problems? I did re-register my fingers to see if that would solve the issue, but it has not.

Please advise or share your experience.

Not as quick or less accurate? They are two different problems. Try cleaning the sensor. You could also try a factory reset but remember to back up important files.

NeilMex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about! I went from a 10 Mate to the S8+ and I couldn't believe how bad the fingerprint reader is. It's hard to believe how far behind Samsung is on this technology compared to Huawei and it sounds like it hasn't gotten any better on the S9. It's my only real complaint about this phone and the reason I haven't moved up to the S9. I did find that having a case did help a little as it sort of centers your finger a little better.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For me it's been accurate and fast. I keep my finger and it unlocks immediately so not sure if it's much faster in few nanoseconds if it makes a difference. I use many phones and I never noticed any difference in unlock speed of the fingerprint sensor. They all are pretty good and does their job well. At this point at least for me it's a given any phone with a fingerprint sensor works great as expected in my experience.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Mine works instantly too 100% of the time with any of the four fingers I have registered. The only time I use iris scan is if I have gotten my fingers wet and it can't read them, like just out of the shower. Probably need to do yours again.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about! I went from a 10 Mate to the S8+ and I couldn't believe how bad the fingerprint reader is. It's hard to believe how far behind Samsung is on this technology compared to Huawei and it sounds like it hasn't gotten any better on the S9. It's my only real complaint about this phone and the reason I haven't moved up to the S9. I did find that having a case did help a little as it sort of centers your finger a little better.

Thanks for confirming. I guess having come from a Huawei phone, Samsung does seem slower. I could just lightly tap on the Huawei fingerprint and it would unlock instantly. With the Samsung, I feel I have to really make a consensus effort to get it on the scanner. And I agree, a case does make it easier to feel the location of the scanner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante