Fire HD and Chromecast?

zyzzyx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
For a rooted Kindle Fire HD... yes!

I am able to cast both the YouTube and Netflix apps (haven't tried Google movies but I'm sure it works). I had to delete the apps and re-download them from Google Play to get them to work.

Fenman

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is great but with smart TV's I dont get why I need a Chromecast? I have apps that stream photo/video/audio files from KFHD7 to my smart TV's (e.g.Skifta) but these do not stream downloads e.g.You Tube or Netflix. OK I can stream these directly to the smart TV's but find the UI and process a pain compared with the KFHD (Samsung/Sony/Panasonic jointly poor). What i would really like is an app that enables Miracast features on the KFHD.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Des anyone know if Chromecast will work with the Kindle Fire HD?
Some apps work with CHromecast on the Kindle out of the box. I use Pandora on my Kindle and cast it to my TV. I'm not sure how this works because I didn't download the chromecast app to my kindle like I had to do on my phone, but it works!

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Chromecast app is only needed to set up and change settings on the Chromecast. Once its set up any device you have with Chromecast enabled apps will work.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The Chromecast app is only needed to set up and change settings on the Chromecast. Once its set up any device you have with Chromecast enabled apps will work.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I thought you needed the app installed to tell the device it can use Chromecast. I guess the phone figures it out without the need of an app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny