First drop test.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yup.
Tumbled off of the gym locker room counter top 3 feet down onto a hard tile floor.

Straight into a puddle of water that someone had left from getting out of the shower.

Picked it up and it had water on the case and side.
Opened it up, wiped it off and it's fine.

You dropped your flip yet?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Not yet. Sure hope I don't. I don't care for my current case either. Mostly because it is almost as slippery on surfaces as the phone without a case. It's the clear Poly carbonate rinke case. Which is fine for grippiness in the hand but not on any smooth surface. Plus, I always feel that hard cases don't protect as well as something softer but it was literally the only case available to be shipped to me before the phone pre order arrived. Not dissing rinke though, it is a well made, well fitting case if you like clear hard cases.
I broke down and ordered the samsung leather case on sale since there is so little available for this phone right now. Looking forward to getting that.

Glad to hear it can survive a fall though!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Happy it survived nicely.. I don't have mine yet but I did drop my Fold 3 in the middle of street from waist high... Haha no issues thankfully but a minor scuff

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I threw mine in the backyard for the dogs during a game of fetch. Came back with some dog slobber but no scratches. :D

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Yup.
Tumbled off of the gym locker room counter top 3 feet down onto a hard tile floor.

Straight into a puddle of water that someone had left from getting out of the shower.

Picked it up and it had water on the case and side.
Opened it up, wiped it off and it's fine.

You dropped your flip yet?

Yepp.....thank God for the leather case. Dropped onto pebbly concrete from about a few feet. I was trying to squeeze into an outside patio seat at a restaurant. Nothing happened. The leather case protected the phone. There's marks on the leather but just looks well used and no concrete scars.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I threw mine in the backyard for the dogs during a game of fetch. Came back with some dog slobber but no scratches. :D

Puppy slobber is the best and they're ALL puppies at our house! I have this vision of you accidentally throwing your phone instead of the intended toy and then realizing it just after it's too late to keep it from flying through the air and kerplunk! I'm glad your phone is ok. Head scratches to the one that brought it back.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Puppy slobber is the best and they're ALL puppies at our house! I have this vision of you accidentally throwing your phone instead of the intended toy and then realizing it just after it's too late to keep it from flying through the air and kerplunk! I'm glad your phone is ok. Head scratches to the one that brought it back.

I was joking about that. When folded it is the right size to throw though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582