First impressions of 4.4.2?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It's Google that switched up the gps not vzw
Oh is this the stupid notification you get when you activate GPS from the settings menu rather than shortcut on 4.2? I used to hate activating gps from the settings menu (gmaps takes you there when you do navigation and it asks to activate gps) for that reason, its so stupid, I know what I'm doing activating the GPS verizon!

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
No I was talking about when I use the shortcuts for Wifi and Data in the notifications shade, it tells me that "Mobile network charges may apply"* and I have to choose OK. Pretty annoying.

* When I turn off Wifi and turn on Data

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement today. Immediately FDR upon powering on 3 times. Charged to 100% and left plugged into AC outlet while downloading update and installing update. Then FDR 3 more times. Everything is working so far. SMS sends and receives timely, tapping shade/pull-down bar turns off/on screen without going to date window, power button no longer ends call, BT works, battery is just as good as JB. I'm sure something will pop up, but so far, none of the usual gripes.

linksmask1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Frankly I've yet to see improvements in the update, all I've found are frustrations. The notification bar tap off feature is broken now (some people says it still works for theirs so maybe i'll need to do a factory reset?) Also removed the dedicated gps on/off button in the notification bar that used to enable and disable gps without a popup dialog box. Kitkat's "improved" location menu just takes more clicks and ALWAYS makes you agree to their stupid location consent crap. Oh and also turning off mobile data now has a dialog popup too for going off and on too.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The first day I saw a 30% quicker battery drain after kitkat ota update, after charginging 100%. I shut it off and turned back on and it is stellar! Better battery than before if you can believe that! Camera is now a lot better, and the speed of the software is even faster. I use Nova Launcher and that seems to work better now than the stock LG. Loved the stock LG also. Phone is smooth and lightning fast. I like the update. One thing I did notice on Pandora with ear buds was a hissing frequency pitch sound on high notes in left earpiece. Used different headphones and same thing. Will send feedback to Pandora and Google.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Still bothered by the auto-brightness issue with the KK update. Looking at other forums and blogs, there seems to be issues with auto-brightness across the VZW G2 owner community. I am still using my G2 with auto-brightness off, and a manual setting, but now battery life is negatively affected because of this.

Any chance VZW will address this and other well-documented KK update issues??

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I received my Kitkat upgrade yesterday morning. I am having an issue with the messaging app... individual messages are fine, but I am not receiving any text messages that are sent to a group (my outgoing group messages are going thru to the group, but their responses are not coming to me).

Anyone know how I can fix that?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Maddog61

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Still bothered by the auto-brightness issue with the KK update. Looking at other forums and blogs, there seems to be issues with auto-brightness across the VZW G2 owner community. I am still using my G2 with auto-brightness off, and a manual setting, but now battery life is negatively affected because of this.

Any chance VZW will address this and other well-documented KK update issues??

Same here with the auto brightness. I installed the free version of "Lux" from the play store and it is much better now. May be worth buying for the auto features.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
BTW, I use Nova Launcher after KK update and my Knock Knock works even better than before. Great response. And the haptic response is better on the typing and texting.

Heath Braunstein

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Pretty uneventful for me. Was experiencing some increased battery usage but seems somewhat better now. Just had the dreaded "dead band" across the top of my screen and having Verizon replace my G2 - should be interesting to see how it runs on a fresh phone...