Fix for Your Internet Connection is Unstable error message since Android 4.3 OTA upgrade

alifindlay

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
This morning I turned mobile data off as I hardly get a signal and for almost 3 hours I've not had the Internet connection unstable message! Could maybe be a temp fix :) x

Posted via Android Central App

ryams27

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This did not work for my Verizon S4 running 4.3. I've tried everything including multiple factory resets, and the problem persists. My phone will get virtually ZERO signal from both routers at my house and the router at my office. All three routers are different brands/models, and there are dozens of devices connected to them without any problem whatsoever.

ryams27

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This did not work for my Verizon S4 running 4.3. I've tried everything including multiple factory resets, and the problem persists. My phone will get virtually ZERO signal from both routers at my house and the router at my office. All three routers are different brands/models, and there are dozens of devices connected to them without any problem whatsoever.

Update: I am now convinced that my issue is hardware-related. Verizon ordered me a warranty replacement which will arrive tomorrow. I'll update once I have a chance to check it out.

Update 2: I've been using the replacement for a few days now with no problems whatsoever. Clearly my old phone had a hardware issue. I did notice that my old phone would get hot, particularly if I played certain games for any length of time -- I'm wondering if the heat somehow caused the wifi antenna to stop working.

Last edited:

Sam Nesbitt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a S3 from Telus and I have a terrible time getting internet access through the cell network. I tried wiping my cache as was suggested but that did not help. Sometimes I have found that turning on and off airplane mode will help but that does not reliably fix the problem. When it does work it the problem still comes back later. This problem does not seem to cause issues if I am on wifi.

rpthibault

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I just did this on my Galaxy S4. Now I get a constantly recurring "Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped" message and the internet instability message did not go away. Please help fix it.

GrahamGreen

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Seems to have worked for me on my Galaxy S3. The phone also feels slicker and it no longer ends up on the date and time screen when completing a received call. Thanks. Should keep me going till I get my S5 in September

mrsecurity

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,
I just upgraded from Note 11 to 3 ,with 4.42,and am experiencing the same behaviour,unstable WiFi and disconnects during installs from
Play Store.I am also with Rogers,and can download without any errors via Phone. I also tried WiFi at a Tim Hortons with the same error.
Would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.I also believe it is a Software issue.

Regards

tothestarsmars

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy mega and I get the same message "your internet connection is unstable". I tried the wipe cache but it it did not work in that I got an error when it tried to wipe it and then my phone just booted up again. What is the deal with this? But better yet, how do I fix this error message?

Pete_Robertson

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I ran this fix on my Samsung S4 and it did nothing to fix the issue. I think Google knows full and well what the issue is and will fix it on the next software upgrade. It is very disappointing that it has happened at all as my internet wifi was working GREAT before I updated. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way. So come on Google - Fix it.

Last edited:

Waza Nasrullah

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
WIPE CACHE PARTITION HTC ONE M7 AND M8
A
1. Turn off Fast boot under Settings > Power
2. Power off phone
3. Press and hold Vol down , press power button until you seebootloader (3 happy androids on skateboards at bottom of page). Release vol down.
Open Recovery
1. Select Recovery by using vol down, press Power to select.
2. Wait. This take a while.
3. You will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle.
4. Press and hold Vol up. Tap power. Release vol up when you see a blue menu.
5. Select Wipe Cache partition with vol down. Press Power. Now it wipes the cache partition. Done!
6. It should now have marked Reboot system now. Press Power to select. Phone will now reboot to normal mode.

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Just started getting an error, and I turned off wifi and I am still getting error ???

Says "network unstable, try again later"

?????

Last edited:

dwkerux

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, so far it's working. Been driving me nuts since I got the phone.
Aaaaargh! I spoke too soon. Still getting the message. Is this just a message issue or are we actually experiencing connection problems causing us to use our data plan?

Last edited:

Gary Pascoe

May 17, 2013
Visit site
NEVER, ever, run a system update on an Android phone with anything less than a full battery charge and a fresh cold reboot. N-E-V-E-R.

Last edited:

moracca

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. Wiping the cache partition did nothing, but disabling mobile data has prevented the message from coming up. Surely this must give us some clues as to what's causing the error, but I'll be damned if I know what they are. Why would mobile data screw up the wifi connection? Literally the second I turn on mobile data, I get the connection unstable warning. I guess the question is whether the mobile antenna is somehow interfering with the wifi radio, or whether its a software glitch that is somehow triggered when an app tries to access the network but maybe goes through mobile data instead of wifi or something? I dunno. Frustrating to have to keep switching mobile data off and on when I leave or come back to home/office/etc

Note 3 running 4.3 by the way.

Edit: Also, I should note that I don't have any performance issues when streaming from my wifi to other devices, or packet loss when running a constant ping, etc. so I don't think its an actual performance problem with the phone, more like a software glitch.

Edit2: I'd also like to mention that if I boot into safe mode (With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears then release. With the logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.), I can leave mobile data enabled, and I no longer receive the unstable wifi notification. Not sure what this tells us.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal