Flash not supported.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Why isn't flash supported on this phone?

Grrrrr.

5etuzupy.jpg

Sent from my HTC DNA

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd just like to add that mobile Flash support was dropped by Adobe, not Google. Mobile Flash is dead.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd just like to add that mobile Flash support was dropped by Adobe, not Google. Mobile Flash is dead.

Correct on your first statement. I'd disagree on your second. I access Flash content fairly regulary from my mobile devices. It's a necessity for streaming sporting events sites, and that won't be changing anytime soon.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Flash is dead mainly due to Apple and Apple alone. Sad but true. Amazing how one company can be such a massive influence on another.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Correct on your first statement. I'd disagree on your second. I access Flash content fairly regulary from my mobile devices. It's a necessity for streaming sporting events sites, and that won't be changing anytime soon.

But you're using a version of Flash that will never be updated.

Mobile Flash is dead. Desktop Flash isn't.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Flash is dead mainly due to Apple and Apple alone. Sad but true. Amazing how one company can be such a massive influence on another.

Not True. Flash was made for PC and wasn't a great technology. Closed, proprietary, and the worst security record multiple years. Jobs did us a favor killing it sooner, but it was always going to die.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How so?

There are more Android devices than iOS devices. The marketshare is there for more devices that support the mobile version of Flash.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Flash on mobile is dead because it was garbage, not because of apple.

In case you haven't noticed as well, adobe is moving away from flash, even on regular computers. They want it dead.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Flash on mobile is dead because it was garbage, not because of apple.

In case you haven't noticed as well, adobe is moving away from flash, even on regular computers. They want it dead.

I agree, Flash is garbage,resource hog, with never ending security issues.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I disagree. Like the x86 processors, Flash is a product that was never intended for Mobile usage nor it was designed to be ported to other platforms. The multiple issues that it brings which include crashes and resource hogging is an absolute pain in the neck not only for all users but for Adobe as well. Adobe knows this, Apple knew this. In the end the users are the ones that benefit from having a single open source standard for multimedia content on the Internet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's much easier for Android fanboys to just blame Apple.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol I have had every iphone to date as well as own apple laptops.... not a android fanboy.

Yet you still believe it's mainly Apple's fault that Adobe stopped developing Flash for mobile.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Apple was a big player to jump ship, I'm not disagreeing that flash was on its way out and was a security nightmare, I'm just saying Apple started the push that let the domino fall.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans