Flashed wrong kernel on my phone! Help ASAP, I got to go to somewhere important tommorow!

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I flashed a HTC ONE V GSM PRIMOU kernal on my phone instead of HTC One V PRIMOC kernal. I can only access the recovery menu I need to know what to do and can you please help me get my phone back to normal but maintain my root status.
Thank You

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I flashed a HTC ONE V GSM PRIMOU kernal on my phone instead of HTC One V PRIMOC kernal. I can only access the recovery menu I need to know what to do and can you please help me get my phone back to normal but maintain my root status.
Thank You
Did you find a fix? In the future, keep a backup file of the ROM on your sd card or even better, a Nandroid Backup from Recovery, so you can restore that in situation like this. If you are not up and running you need to restore the stock RUU onto the device.

jayboiandroid

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
At the moment, I did the RUU for my HTC One V but it failed so now I have no recovery but I did store a backup on my phone but it wasn't able to properly boot, this is annoying and I learned my lesson to never root again!

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
At the moment, I did the RUU for my HTC One V but it failed so now I have no recovery but I did store a backup on my phone but it wasn't able to probably boot, this is annoying and I learned my lesson to never root again!

Did you atleast check to see if you were able to read the phone in recovery? This could have been fixed easily.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk