FlyX w/ Revolution. All texts are being duplicated?

Romoko

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Heya. So I've been running the revolution theme and enjoying the change of pace. But I noticed there's TWO messaging apps. Neither can be uninstalled. However, whenever I get a text, it shows up as two in my inbox.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you should be able to uninstall (delete) the extra messaging app from /system/app

you will need r/w access to system to do that.

Romoko

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! R / W? Root explorer, Rom manager?

Edit: just checked through system / app and uninstalled is greyed out in both messages (stock app) and messaging (revolution app?)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
use root explorer and mount system with r/w (read / write) permissions.

i was pretty sure that was a common term.

Romoko

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I renamed the messaging.apk and even moved it. But the app still opens and still shows up in the app drawer... sigh, what am I doing wrong?

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a mms.apk? If so! I'd try renaming that and see if that helps.

This.
I had the same problem as the OP and I had to rename three files to .bak:
messageswidget
messaging
mms

The MMS one is the one added by the REVOlution theme, I believe. Also, EmailGoogle will be a duplicate Gmail app. (I had to reinstall Gmail from the .apk file in Root Explorer, but then it worked fine for me.)

Romoko

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
This.
I had the same problem as the OP and I had to rename three files to .bak:
messageswidget
messaging
mms

The MMS one is the one added by the REVOlution theme, I believe. Also, EmailGoogle will be a duplicate Gmail app. (I had to reinstall Gmail from the .apk file in Root Explorer, but then it worked fine for me.)

This did it :) woot. Finally!! I was hesitant to screw with the mms.apk because I thought it was the stock, but apparently that's located elsewhere :) thanks again
Romoko

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I was having this problem with the Gala theme. Handcent / stock blur/ and the other one that came with it would show duplicate messages.

Would the fix be the same?

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
saw this on another forum.. maybe it will help some of you
i figured it out... looks like the app is called "conversations" i renamed .bak and double messages stopped... still timestamped 6 hours in the future tho..?

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Ya when I put the gala theme on, I froze all the messaging apps except handcent and text messaging with titanium (was getting duplicates from the wrong time)