For those who have the final release of Pie/OneUI...

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks,

A question for those who have the released version of Pie/OneUI.

Can you tell me the status of these "deal breakers" of mine that I had outlined in this thread?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-android-pie-one-ui-so-far-3.html#post6445665

Specifically these items:

1) The setting to make your recent apps be just a stack of long, narrow, cards; List View, is gone. I used this because I can see all of my recent apps, and don't have to swipe through them.

2) Again, recent apps... there is no "close all" option. If you want to close them all, and I do like to do that, (no I don't need a lesson in RAM management or the "harm" I'm doing my OS by not allowing the OS to just manage my recently opened apps). So, now I have to swipe to close one at a time.

3) Navigation buttons. There is no option to hide them, and swipe up to show them again. It's either "here are your buttons," or that new gesture swipe option, that says it won't work with One Hand+, and that I'd have to turn it off. Well, I kept it on anyway, and it actually all works together... which is apparently not intended... a bug I would NOT want them to fix, LOL. However, if they actually don't want that app to work when you select gestures, and fix it, that's a deal breaker for me.

4) Goodlock doesn't work yet... yes, yes... it most likely will... but WHEN? How long would we have to wait for that to be compatible? I, like many here I think, love that app and have SO MANY things customized using it. I don't want to wait for it to be compatible, either now during the Beta, or when Pie/OneUI go live.

5) Samsung+ app keeps crashing. Whether I use the version in the Playstore, or the version in Galaxy apps, or the new APK you can find on the web, (the one I needed to use to get into the Beta, version 11.something), didn't matter... open it... crash... open it... crash.

6) Not sure how or why, I checked my font sizes and they didn't change, but font size in my widgets got bigger. Big enough in fact that in order to see everything on the widget, I had to make it bigger... and had to make them all big enough that I had to get rid of 6 app icons that I wanted to keep, but want to keep less than I wanted the widgets. Uh... WTF??

Are they still an issue? I believe item 2; close all, has been fixed... but the others?

Actually, pretty sure item 1; list view won't ever be implemented again.

I plan to stay on manual checking for updates so *I* can decide when, or if, to update, because even if these items have been corrected, sure as there are fish in the ocean, there will be a ton of new issues with the initial roll out that need to be fixed... but hoping these items at least have been.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Take care.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Go to apkmirror.com and search for Samsung+. There's an updated version you can download. I deleted the one from Galaxy apps and Playstore and installed the new version this morning and it works.
Hello, folks,

A question for those who have the released version of Pie/OneUI.

Can you tell me the status of these "deal breakers" of mine that I had outlined in this thread?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-android-pie-one-ui-so-far-3.html#post6445665

Specifically these items:

1) The setting to make your recent apps be just a stack of long, narrow, cards; List View, is gone. I used this because I can see all of my recent apps, and don't have to swipe through them.

2) Again, recent apps... there is no "close all" option. If you want to close them all, and I do like to do that, (no I don't need a lesson in RAM management or the "harm" I'm doing my OS by not allowing the OS to just manage my recently opened apps). So, now I have to swipe to close one at a time.

3) Navigation buttons. There is no option to hide them, and swipe up to show them again. It's either "here are your buttons," or that new gesture swipe option, that says it won't work with One Hand+, and that I'd have to turn it off. Well, I kept it on anyway, and it actually all works together... which is apparently not intended... a bug I would NOT want them to fix, LOL. However, if they actually don't want that app to work when you select gestures, and fix it, that's a deal breaker for me.

4) Goodlock doesn't work yet... yes, yes... it most likely will... but WHEN? How long would we have to wait for that to be compatible? I, like many here I think, love that app and have SO MANY things customized using it. I don't want to wait for it to be compatible, either now during the Beta, or when Pie/OneUI go live.

5) Samsung+ app keeps crashing. Whether I use the version in the Playstore, or the version in Galaxy apps, or the new APK you can find on the web, (the one I needed to use to get into the Beta, version 11.something), didn't matter... open it... crash... open it... crash.

6) Not sure how or why, I checked my font sizes and they didn't change, but font size in my widgets got bigger. Big enough in fact that in order to see everything on the widget, I had to make it bigger... and had to make them all big enough that I had to get rid of 6 app icons that I wanted to keep, but want to keep less than I wanted the widgets. Uh... WTF??

Are they still an issue? I believe item 2; close all, has been fixed... but the others?

Actually, pretty sure item 1; list view won't ever be implemented again.

I plan to stay on manual checking for updates so *I* can decide when, or if, to update, because even if these items have been corrected, sure as there are fish in the ocean, there will be a ton of new issues with the initial roll out that need to be fixed... but hoping these items at least have been.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Take care.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
using stable update since few days...few bugs that I found are
1) Dolby atmos keeps switching off by itself
2) audio controls on lock screen dont work for me on wynk music
3) good lock doesn't work
yest the update is good and nice..gestures are smooth..using them
keyboard is nice too
phone is smooth...but some apps jitter as they need to update it...
camera layout is nice and easy...

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
using stable update since few days...few bugs that I found are
1) Dolby atmos keeps switching off by itself
2) audio controls on lock screen dont work for me on wynk music
3) good lock doesn't work
yest the update is good and nice..gestures are smooth..using them
keyboard is nice too
phone is smooth...but some apps jitter as they need to update it...
camera layout is nice and easy...
So does the auto correct on the keyboard work a lot better?

My current keyboard on my note 9 is a hit or miss with auto correcting words.

Last edited:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the Samsung One Ui however to those that have...

1. Are the transitions faster when toggled On ?

2. Does the new Dark Mode integrate well with everything. I ask as some dark themes render some buttons almost unreadable.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Transitions are fast (again that's relative)- you can always reduce animation transitions (via developer options) to 0.5

All samsung apps are dark themed when night mode is selected - works quite fine for me,haven't gone back to sabstratum,yet!