For those who haven't heard this yet, latest Chromecast update breaks playing local content

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Back in my day not only we had to walk to our classroom uphill in the snow both ways, but we had to dial in over the phone line to get into our school network.

Yep, connecting to a UNIX mainframe via a terminal server that never had nearly enough incoming lines. And what was even more fun was when there was a bad port on the server that wouldn't connect you to the mainframe, so that modem never had a connected computer, which meant that almost every time you dialed in, you'd get connected to it. And, if you were idle for more than a few minutes, you'd get disconnected. That was annoying but fair, which made the people who would run yes to keep their connection alive look like tools.

Yep, these young whipper-snappers really do have it easy. :)

Posted via Android Central App

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is set in stone until that SDK is released. A better question would be "when is Google going to officially release the SDK so we can start getting great apps added onto the Chromecast?" I have high hopes for this little dongle, can't wait to get mine.

Has there been any speculation as to whether the SDK will check content against the Content ID database?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Has there been any speculation as to whether the SDK will check content against the Content ID database?

Foe anyone else unfamiliar with Content ID:

YouTube Content ID System
YouTube has created an advanced set of copyright policies and content management tools to give rights holders control of their content. YouTube provides content management solutions for rights holders of all sizes across the world, and provides tools to cater to the specific needs of various rights owners.

I suspect since Content ID is a YouTube thing it is done on the back end for YouTube servers before content even reaches the Internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3