For those who use both Pixel and iPhone

mji

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
And swap sims between.

Do you just disable iMessage then swap the sim? Then when you want to use iPhone again for a bit just swap and reactivate?

Asking as I want to try Pixel, but go back and forth possible as my needs change.

Is there anything to be aware of or careful of?

Thanks in advance.

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
And swap sims between.

Do you just disable iMessage then swap the sim? Then when you want to use iPhone again for a bit just swap and reactivate?

Asking as I want to try Pixel, but go back and forth possible as my needs change.

Is there anything to be aware of or careful of?

Thanks in advance.
That's what I try to remember to do.
If I forget, I can deregister my iMessage account on my Pixel at https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone and routinely switch between Android phones all the time. All i do is sign out of iMessage and switch sims. Then when I switch back to my 7+ i sign back into imessage. It;s very simple to do.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've done both ways. Sometimes when I go from my Pixel to my iPhone 6s I turn on iMessage but most of the time I leave iMessage off. I've never had any issues with either way.

On a side note, I find myself switching back to the iPhone less and less. The iPhone is losing most of its appeal the more I use the Pixel... The Pixel is quicker and seems to run a lot smoother than my iPhone.