For those who use InvisibleShield by ZAGG...

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy installed mine. Did a great job and I didn't wait to turn my phone back on. I nicked it about a week later (probably my wife's earring) and asked for a replacement, which they have sent. In the meantime, I'm using Swype and wanted to try a smoother protector. So I'm test driving Phantom Skinz. Like it!

revlimiter

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine got more tacky over the course of a few weeks. My finger just skipped across the screen rather than glided. It made web browsing impossible, since I'd hit links by accident while trying to scroll the page.

This didn't happen to the Zagg on my wife's Incredible. It's still smooth-ish. Mine got quite gummy.

I ripped it off and threw it in the trash. Good riddance.

anubis_dragoon

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I installed it, let it set for about 15 minutes and then turned it on. No problems. I did wipe it off though, just to be sure. It took me awhile to get use to the feel of the screen protector though. The orange peel thing annoyed me at first, but I've adjusted to it.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I did everything according to the instructions, and have installed these on devices before. I have since taken mine off, and sent it back for a refund for the following reasons:

1) Screen was almost unreadable in sunlight, even with the backlight turned all the way up.

2) The "Orange Peel" effect looks awful and took away from the gorgeous front of this phone.

3) My touchscreen felt like it lost some of its sensitivity, found myself having to hold down on a part of the screen for longer than before installation in order to register the command/character I wanted.

Just my experience, I know some people love theirs...wish I were one of those peeps.

$0.02 FWIW

I was just about to ask about these... Thanks.

Yeah, I won't be getting one. Does anyone know how strong the touchscreen is (as in, how resistant to scratches? Comparable to iPhone/ iPod touch?)

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to ask about these... Thanks.

Yeah, I won't be getting one. Does anyone know how strong the touchscreen is (as in, how resistant to scratches? Comparable to iPhone/ iPod touch?)

Not very resistant to scratches if you read around. :)

My invisible shield:

Dusty but works fine for me. :)

Tina Pringels

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
=/ I wish I had seen this forum before I purchased these for me and my husband. I installed mine about 2 hours ago and is seems to be doing fine. I haven't really used the phone yet though just to be on the safe side.
One question I have. What do you guys mean by orange peel effect?

vmbridun

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think they mean the rougness of the texture on the protector. I just installed my Zagg on my Kyocera Rise and haven't really touched it to see how it felt. I think I'll wait 12 hours to be on the safe side. Yeah I think the texture of the protector is what they mean by the orange peel effect. It's not like smooth glass it's plasticy and might have a slight texture to it. This is my first Zagg protector so I will see how it is working out after a while. I didn't apply it perfectly so there is a little bit of peeling where there is a line between the phone front and the outside/upper part of my phone. Grr. I did try to smooth it down with the squeegee but it may end up peeling away after a while. If it does, I'll contact Zagg and get a replacement (do they do that for peeling corners??).