Formatting Micro SDHC card as exFAT Without a SDHC-to-USB Adapter

Vlad3

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
I need to format a 32GB Micro SDHC card as exFAT on my Android smartphone in order to make it possible to store on it files which are larger than 4GB. Since I do not have a Micro SDHC-to-USB adapter in order to connect the card to the computer and format it, I have only two options: use an Android application to format the card from within the smartphone; or connect the smartphone to the computer, gain access to the card on the computer, and then format it.

I have not been able to format the card by connecting the smartphone to the computer, because although the computer recognizes the card, when I go to the Properties window of the card, there is no option to format it. It is as if the smartphone blocks access to the card.

What Android application can be used in order to format the card as exFAT from within the smartphone?

Vlad3

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Are you sure your phone supports exFAT on an SD card? Not all phones do.

I do not know whether the smartphone supports the exFAT format. If it does not, I will find out after formatting the card in this way. The system is installed on the internal 8GB memory chip, whereas the card which I want to format as exFAT has been inserted as additional storage. Therefore, it may work on the smartphone if it is formatted.

Vlad3

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
The 2018 smartphone is DEXP AL140. I need to know how to format the card as exFAT to see for myself whether the device will be able to work with it. If not, I will format it back to FAT32.

Vlad3

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
App2SD Pro may be able to do it. (But to partition the SD card without using the native partitioning, which would partition a 32GB card to FAT, the phone has to be rooted.)

Thank you for the information. Is there also a way to grant to a computer full access to the card inside the smartphone when the smartphone is connected to the computer? (The card is displayed when I cannot the smartphone, and the computer has the permission to delete files on the card, but I do not see the “Format” option in the “Properties” window of the card.)