foxfi for the GS3

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Look. I could careless what any of you do, but the fact is.....

If YOU have to do something...anything...to circumvent the way something works to obtain a "service" for free.....especially if it's in a ToS...is stealing. No if's, ands, or but's about it. Period.

@jonathanm1978....yeah...if you "give" your service to your neighbors. It's stealing dude. When you sign up for cable, internet, or phone service, you sign up for service for a "single family" dwelling that only consists of YOUR adress. If it's an apartment, the service goes to that "single family" unit number.

Here's some info on this topic: arrested for stealing internet? - Bing

Chow.

Uh..there's no theft involved in how I give my neighbors internet. Just because I use a $30 Walmart router with custom firmware on it as a repeater doesn't mean squat. I can repeat my signal where I want and how I want..

And I haven't "signed" anything ..I'm not under contract for my internet. I'm not contractually obligated to a ToS. I own my modem, routers, and devices that connect to it.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Uh..there's no theft involved in how I give my neighbors internet. Just because I use a $30 Walmart router with custom firmware on it as a repeater doesn't mean squat. I can repeat my signal where I want and how I want..

And I haven't "signed" anything ..I'm not under contract for my internet. I'm not contractually obligated to a ToS. I own my modem, routers, and devices that connect to it.

+1

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Lazerian

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
wow- I actually read all of that, and I feel like im watching the Special Olympics~

All i wanted to know was how i bypass the sprint lock for tethering- I am flashed to Boost Mobile, and really want to connect to my laptop~

playya

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
hahaha me too, I am just trying to connect to my tablet so when we go away we can watch some football. Not sure why people feel the need to remind others whats legal or not... Shut up sit down and you keep living your righteous life and let others live theres....

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I used the bluetooth feat on Fox fi it work flawlessly but I'm no longer able to use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

djslickd

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This whole argument is hilarious. Are you Mr. Sprint? Do you think Sprint or other wireless providers are somehow being wronged here?? Because they somehow have our best interest in mind right? How about the "Stealing" sprint has been doing for 2-3 years now? $10.00 / month 4G data charge for any 4G capable phone, with no 4G service in sight?? If I am getting 4G and you want to charge 10 more dollars for this service, whatever. But paying for this service with out the technology even available to use it is ludicrous! I wont ever feel bad for moving the data I paid for from my phone to another device. Sorry.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This whole argument is hilarious. Are you Mr. Sprint? Do you think Sprint or other wireless providers are somehow being wronged here?? Because they somehow have our best interest in mind right? How about the "Stealing" sprint has been doing for 2-3 years now? $10.00 / month 4G data charge for any 4G capable phone, with no 4G service in sight?? If I am getting 4G and you want to charge 10 more dollars for this service, whatever. But paying for this service with out the technology even available to use it is ludicrous! I wont ever feel bad for moving the data I paid for from my phone to another device. Sorry.

You right about that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I can't get it to work on my Sprint S III with Jelly Bean. The app says it's started, and then gives an error message. I'm not sure how the one person who says it works on his Spring S III got it to work.

Once my 14 day return privilege is over, and I'm sure I won't return it, I'll root and be done with it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That was a waste of page 2 from captain Sprint. Although it IS a violation of terms of service lol.

Anyway, I'm getting a Sprint S3 from work soon. Fox fi needs to restart every 40mb or so with the 1.95 update on my HOX with the free version. Is this an issue with the S3 and Bluetooth work around? Does Fox fi even work on the Sprint S3 anymore?

wayton

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys freaking serious? We're not allowed to tether without paying more money?

I remember in the 90's when home routers started becoming popular the ISPs were like wait a minute; if you have 3 computers on your network, you can't share the internet, you need to have 3 internet accounts. That BS got shut down pretty quick, so how the hell are cell phone companies able to get away with it?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
ISPs did not care if you were using a router in the 90's or early 2000's
The problem was, routers were really expensive and most people were buying hubs. A hub cannot use one IP address for all your devices like a router can. A hub is a dumb device. It is no more then a splitter for a Ethernet cable. What ISPs wanted you to pay more for was the use of the added IP addresses, and they still do. Check your own ISP. If you want a 2nd IP address, you have to pay more.

Routers are cheap now and it hard to find a real hub for sale in consumer stores (best buy, radio shack, etc). You can still find them in stores that sell gear for wiring up a business though.

wayton

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ISPs did not care if you were using a router in the 90's or early 2000's
The problem was, routers were really expensive and most people were buying hubs. A hub cannot use one IP address for all your devices like a router can. A hub is a dumb device. It is no more then a splitter for a Ethernet cable. What ISPs wanted you to pay more for was the use of the added IP addresses, and they still do. Check your own ISP. If you want a 2nd IP address, you have to pay more.

Routers are cheap now and it hard to find a real hub for sale in consumer stores (best buy, radio shack, etc). You can still find them in stores that sell gear for wiring up a business though.

Yes they did. Here are some people talking about it.

If the terms and conditions you agreed to when signing up with the ISP, said 'no sharing of internet connections' then you shouldn't do it.

And this was one of the conditions in the early days of the Internet, here where I live, but my current multi-port router was provided by my ISP, so sharing is now condoned, maybe even encouraged.

@cornjuliox: I seem to recall that this restriction was even fairly common some years ago. I believe ISPs feared that people with multiple computers are likely power users who will use more bandwidth than "regular" users. Now that many households have more than one PC, these rules have changed.

Can an ISP forbid you from sharing an internet connection? - Super User

Maybe you're not in the US, but NAT routers were on the news here because ISPs wanted people to have more than one account (not just IP). If you know ISPs, you should be shocked if they did NOT mind people using home routers in the early days. Obviously they would make a money grab like cellular companies are doing now.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I connected foxfi to my mac but it runs extremely slow. I have good speeds in my area.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Version 1.40 wont work even if you had the apk file because the developer force you to update foxfi

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz