Foxfi or third party app working on Cyanogenmod-10?

scottsdca

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get Foxfi or any other third party tethering app to work on Cyanogenmod-10? I really liked foxfi. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get Foxfi or any other third party tethering app to work on Cyanogenmod-10? I really liked foxfi. Thanks in advance.

Why not use the built in one. It's in settings under advanced. Works great. Was playing BF3 on the Xbox thru it tonight when my cable Internet was down.

TAPPED in on my (now unlocked bootloader) Verizon S3

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably because you have to pay to use that one

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I may be wrong, but am under the impression that cyagenmod has free tether built in... Which is what poster meant.

If not, try wifi tether, works as well as foxfi.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the built in one ask the time with no tethering plan. Works great. It's a little wonky starting up on CM10 still but infect you get it started it's great...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

paxinlul

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
For those that installed CM10, does android beam work? Specifically sending pictures. I ask because pictures don't send between Nexus 7 and my S3. And does voice work on Google Now? Thanks

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For those that installed CM10, does android beam work? Specifically sending pictures. I ask because pictures don't send between Nexus 7 and my S3. And does voice work on Google Now? Thanks

NFC is not functional on CM10

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

No NFC working on any JB release for the S3 currently, so no.

scottsdca

May 26, 2010
Visit site
To clarify, I had thought it cost money to use the tether option in settings. Sounds like you kind people answered my question... thanks. I still really liked foxfi though. Also, tried all the other tethering apps and they did not work on this ROM as well.

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
To clarify, I had thought it cost money to use the tether option in settings. Sounds like you kind people answered my question... thanks. I still really liked foxfi though. Also, tried all the other tethering apps and they did not work on this ROM as well.

By the TOS for Verizon it does, but this bypasses their checks. I just wouldn't get carried away with it and be one of those folks bragging about using 60 gig.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582