[FREE][GAME] Eye Planet - Mutant Space Shooter

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I've updated my first game ever made, Eye Planet. Now I consider it finished and it's time to move to another project. Hope you like it and if you want to ask me about the development or simple review this game, simply do it! I'll try too reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Eye Planet Space Shooter Google Play Link

Yes, it's another space shooter ;), but I try to made something different with gameplay and controls, using only touch events (can be played only with one hand) and with different difficulty modes for all kind of users. Here is a video with gameplay:

And some screenshots:

screenshot11.jpg
screenshot10.jpg

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I used cocos2d-x, an open source framework. It's quite cool and you can program your game in different languages (C++, Lua and Javascript). Also, I used Tiled for level design, Gimp for graphics, Audacity for audio editing, and this amazing website for particle generation:
Particle2dx

All open source ;). I need to tidy my code a little bit and when I have time I'll put the source code of the game on github

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Can you please explain me how did you get your app promoted? How did you get so many downloads??

Well, I don't consider 1200 downloads in a year too many downloads :)
Anyway, I didn't do this for the number of downloads, I'm pretty happy checking the analytics and seing that sometimes anyone finish the 12 levels of the game ;)
Answering your question, I did the following things:
- Post development advances in my Twitter account (@mowyapps)
- Post in forums like this
- Telling to my friends
- Making a youtube video

But there's a lot of great mobile games better than mine in app stores, so don't expect to get great numbers. If you are pretty sure of the quality of your game, you should take into consideration have a budget to payed promotion... but I do this as a hobby, only for fun, not for making money. Like other hobbys, I'm only expending money (iOS App store fee, Google play fee, ...)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582