[Free][Game} Inner Circle - Like dialling an old fashioned phone but, you know, fun

Richtea2007

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have recently developed an app and I would love to hear any feedback (good or bad) that people have.

Inner Circle is a game about reacting fast and dodging obstacles. You rotate the world, not the player, while circle segments expand at you from the centre. It's very simple, very difficult, kind of angering but addictive game.

Features:
  • Fast reaction precision based gameplay
  • Global Highscores
  • Medals!
  • Lots of circles!
  • Moving your finger like you're dialling an old fashioned phone

It can be downloaded (for free) from the play store; https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.richardtingle.innercircle&token=bVGIhAY9

inner circle promo screenshot_small.png

Feedback really is helpful so let me know of anything you liked, anything you didn't like or any suggestions you might have (and I'm subscribed to this thread so I will get it).

Thanks

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I like it. I'm not very good at it, but I like it.

Played it on a 7" tablet and it seemed like the scrolling needed to be more sensitive, but on a phone that's probably not a problem. Also the menu graphics could definitely be improved!
The game over animation is cool! Good job.

Richtea2007

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I like it. I'm not very good at it, but I like it.

Played it on a 7" tablet and it seemed like the scrolling needed to be more sensitive, but on a phone that's probably not a problem. Also the menu graphics could definitely be improved!
The game over animation is cool! Good job.

Glad you liked it!

The idea is that you put your finger down and the screen physically moves as much as your finger (so for example you rotate your finger 90 degrees and the game rotates 90 degrees) was that happening for you? And was that mechanic clear? I have had a problem with people swiping rather than holding and dragging. I've been trying to keep the game "text free" but I may need to put something in to make that clear.

You're the second person to mention the menu graphics, so I'll definately need to look at that. The previous person said it was "too high contrast", would you agree with that?

Thanks for the in depth opinions!

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad you liked it!

The idea is that you put your finger down and the screen physically moves as much as your finger (so for example you rotate your finger 90 degrees and the game rotates 90 degrees) was that happening for you? And was that mechanic clear? I have had a problem with people swiping rather than holding and dragging. I've been trying to keep the game "text free" but I may need to put something in to make that clear.

You're the second person to mention the menu graphics, so I'll definately need to look at that. The previous person said it was "too high contrast", would you agree with that?

Thanks for the in depth opinions!

I instinctively swiped left/right instead of swiping in a circular motion!
You might need a more in-depth tutorial, but I agree you should keep it text free.
I don't think the high contrast is the main problem for the menu, it's just too MS Paint-esque. :)

Richtea2007

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting that feedback a lot (making small changes every time). Previously I had this image on first play, now I have it on every play. Did you notice it? If you didn't would it have helped if you had?

instruction_image_new_example.png

I've also changed from the garish red/yellow to a more pleasant red/white but graphic design is definitely not my strong point

Main screen_small.png

This is all very helpful btw, I’ve already had a look at Super Penguin but I’m going to take a look at Word Link to see if I can offer any suggestions

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Can't remember if I noticed the tutorial image pop up, I'll play again soon and see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That menu looks a lot better, but in my opinion the colours are too bright!
Try something like this:
output_tn4cC4.gif
All I've done there is replace the colours, remove the button outlines and add a slight 3D effect.
I used a few nice unsaturated colours from DawnBringer's 32 Colour Palette.

Attachments

• InnerCircleButtons.png
    InnerCircleButtons.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit