Free tip of the day! Or, a great reason to give Nova Launcher a try if you never have.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova for a couple years at least, and by far, one if my favorite little features is gesture controls.

I don't like a lot of gesture controls, cause I don't want to remember them all. I just use 2 to control the notification bar. I set swipe up to hide, and also swipe up to show it again. Also, I use down swipe to bring down the bar, whether it is hidden or not.

It makes the larger screen phones much more easy to use one handed. Especially since with Lollipop you often will now use 2 swipes to open the control portion. The down gesture let's me pull them down anywhere on the screen.

There are so many other customization features in Nova, but gestures alone is worth it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to love Nova until it drained my Tab S's battery :( For my phone I prefer Themer, and it also has those gestures. And I agree, with larger phones, the ability to swipe down on the notification bar from anywhere in your screen IS quite useful.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I use nova and I too only have 2 gestures enabled

swipe down on homescreen brings down the notification screen (instead of having to reach allll the way to the top :)
and
swipe up on homescreen brings down the other dropdown menu with settings, airplane mode, battery level, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa