Freedom.... I haven't plugged in my phone in over a month.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
It's a very strange feeling to say the least. I haven't had to carry my charger in my pocket, or scan a whatever room I walk into for outlets. Or even worried if I topped off my battery before I left the house to plan out how much battery I can use before needing to sit in my car or by a outlet waiting for my phone to charge back up before I continue my outting. It has been magical and freeing and I don't think I can go back ever again.
Do not get me wrong the battery life on my v10 is great, but I am a heavy power user at work. I start my day at 630 in the morning and can usually make it until 2pm with extremely heavy use before my battery hits zero. usually try to top off at lunch, in my van when my battery is at 40 percent to make it through the rest of the day. This means either leaving it in the van as I go in someplace to eat, finding a restaurant with a outlet by the table, or trying to eat in my van while resisting the urge to use the phone while the screen is off to maximize the quick charge. This is no way to live.

. A little over a month ago I went on Amazon and ordered the spare battery charger and two batteries for my v10. It was great, the charger stays in the van charging my spare battery as I can roam freely, staying productive not worrying if I am using to much of my battery to make it through the rest of my day. I turned all my data syncs back on, hooked up all email accounts again instead of skipping all but the essential ones. I didn't have to look down to make sure I wasn't plugged in somewhere before laying back on my bed, or in the car for fear of ripping out the chord. I never have to have the horrible feeling when you wake up and you realize you forgot to plug your phone in and the battery is at five percent. I smile now When Its time to go out and I see everyone else prepping phones so they do not go dead while they are out. Or if it's a long evening with friends or at a social gathering I'm not one of the people all cluttered around the walls after midnight trying to get enough charge to make it home. And don't even get me started when I travel, I'm not eyeing the car lighter to see if someone else is done with it. Hugging a outlet charger in the airport trying to keep my battery up for the long flight. Afraid to use and waste my pressure battery in the terminal. It's gone so well I took an extra step and got the wireless charging back and 3coil wireless charger.

I am free of the chords, and life is great. I will never be able to go back to a phone that does not have a removable battery until we get a 5 to 7 day battery. I want, correction. I demand the freedom to power use my phone all day. Stream videos, play games, be all over social media and have all my email accounts syncing often.

Posted via the Android Central App

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I almost buckled and ordered the S7 Edge, but at the end of the day, a removable battery is too good to have. It's the one thing that I bought this phone for and the one thing aside from the IR blaster that I use daily

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
The spare battery I bought started making my phone act weird and glitchy. Not sure if I'm gonna use it anymore after the first day

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This is actually the first phone I've ever owned a spare battery for and now I wonder how I lived without it all those years. It's a great feeling to not have to worry about plugging my phone in for a charge.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have the original and the extra one that LG sent for free as part of the deal. It is nice to have, but at the same time, it would take 2 of them to last me a full day. so when it hits 100% off a battery switch, it is pretty sweet, but when it drains so quickly it is still annoying. Hopefully MM can fix it some

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a very strange feeling to say the least. I haven't had to carry my charger in my pocket, or scan a whatever room I walk into for outlets. Or even worried if I topped off my battery before I left the house to plan out how much battery I can use before needing to sit in my car or by a outlet waiting for my phone to charge back up before I continue my outting. It has been magical and freeing and I don't think I can go back ever again.
Do not get me wrong the battery life on my v10 is great, but I am a heavy power user at work. I start my day at 630 in the morning and can usually make it until 2pm with extremely heavy use before my battery hits zero. usually try to top off at lunch, in my van when my battery is at 40 percent to make it through the rest of the day. This means either leaving it in the van as I go in someplace to eat, finding a restaurant with a outlet by the table, or trying to eat in my van while resisting the urge to use the phone while the screen is off to maximize the quick charge. This is no way to live.

. A little over a month ago I went on Amazon and ordered the spare battery charger and two batteries for my v10. It was great, the charger stays in the van charging my spare battery as I can roam freely, staying productive not worrying if I am using to much of my battery to make it through the rest of my day. I turned all my data syncs back on, hooked up all email accounts again instead of skipping all but the essential ones. I didn't have to look down to make sure I wasn't plugged in somewhere before laying back on my bed, or in the car for fear of ripping out the chord. I never have to have the horrible feeling when you wake up and you realize you forgot to plug your phone in and the battery is at five percent. I smile now When Its time to go out and I see everyone else prepping phones so they do not go dead while they are out. Or if it's a long evening with friends or at a social gathering I'm not one of the people all cluttered around the walls after midnight trying to get enough charge to make it home. And don't even get me started when I travel, I'm not eyeing the car lighter to see if someone else is done with it. Hugging a outlet charger in the airport trying to keep my battery up for the long flight. Afraid to use and waste my pressure battery in the terminal. It's gone so well I took an extra step and got the wireless charging back and 3coil wireless charger.

I am free of the chords, and life is great. I will never be able to go back to a phone that does not have a removable battery until we get a 5 to 7 day battery. I want, correction. I demand the freedom to power use my phone all day. Stream videos, play games, be all over social media and have all my email accounts syncing often.

It really is such a convenience to be able to just swap out to a fully charged battery and not worry about throttling back usage and finding power sources, etc. Hopefully, we'll always have this convenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware