From iOS to Android

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There is a link online, I can't find it for love or money. But, this link allows one to sort of 'unregister' from iOS, hence text\SMS messages while using Android, etc. will work just fine...

Does anyone have said link?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... SMS/MMS should be routed by the carrier to whatever device is registered with their network, either via SIM card or ESN activation. I have not heard of an iOS "de-register" for messaging.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the info. But, I've seen the link before, and as soon as I find it, I'll post it.

What the link does is sort of unregister you, if you like from iOS type text\sms messaging, thus if you use text\sms on Android or BlackBerry or Windows, it works properly.

SandeepRoy

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Text/Messages (SMS or MMs) is a service controlled/provided by the Network Carrier and is not connected to any mobile Operating System (iOS, Android,Symbian etc.)

What you are probably indicating is de-registering an AppStore account which is used to
download Apps to a mobile device.
Even if you don't do anything to such an account, it does not impact your Texting service.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly there were some problems regarding this. Don't know if it's fixed, but the problem was when you replaced the sim in an IOS device sms/mms still got delivered to it.
Guess that's why he wants to 'unregister'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: SandeepRoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny