From Pixel 7 Pro to S23 Ultra

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone switching from the Pixel 7 Pro to the S23 Ultra? If so, what are the reasons?

I'm considering doing so and was wondering if I am crazy... Haha

droid4450

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am doing it got a S23 ultra that should be here any day. For me just want to see how the camera is and how the phone in general is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan_B1979

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing it. I have the S22 Ultra, but was unhappy with the battery life. I prefer the customization and options that Samsung provides, compared to the more limited options of the Pixel 7 Pro.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone switching from the Pixel 7 Pro to the S23 Ultra? If so, what are the reasons?

I switched. No regrets. Display, cameras, battery life, speed, etc. All are better on the S23U so far. The Pixel 7 Pro is worth what they're charging for it, but the S23U is the better device if price is left out if the equation.

I sold my Pixel 7 Pro two days after receiving my S23U, if that tells you anything.

Reactions: Dan_B1979

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have both and for most instances the Pixel camera is still better. Yes the S23U's camera is more versatile but for just pointing the main camera something and delivering a better photo the Pixel is still better especially if that something is kids or pets.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I plan on making the switch too, I have the Pixel 7 Pro and have an S23 Ultra pre-ordered. I've typically preferred Pixels over Samsung until I got the S22 Ultra. I was pleasantly surprised by that phone, but ultimately I was persuaded and intrigued by the 7 Pro (and kept telling myself "I'm a 'Pixel guy'" LOL) so I got the 7 Pro and sold my S22U. I find myself regretting that more and more as I really enjoyed what Samsung offered with the 22 Ultra.

While I don't have the S23U yet, I am willing to bet the post above mine regarding point and shoot camera shots of kids and pets will be better on the 7 Pro. That was the case between the 7 Pro and the 22U and every Pixel vs Samsung since the 1st Pixel. That was the big draw for me to the Pixel line, however, my life has changed and I found the S22U camera to be more than capable for what I needed. My kids are older and now hate taking pictures LOL and I've also learned that pics of your pets that are slightly blurry or lack fur details don't matter all that much when they're no longer with you; you learn to love any pic you have of them because you just miss them being around.

Reactions: J Dubbs

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Pixel 7 Pro to S21 ultra about a week before the release of the S23 Ultra. I used the S21 ultra that i purchased of eBay as a trade in with my carrier.
I've mainly used Samsung phones but really liked the Pixel 7 pro. However Samsung's screen clarity and brightness are part of the resin i started switching back to Samsung this year. Also i have the watch pro 5, buds 2 and tab S8. They all worked with the Pixel but not as smooth as with a Samsung phone. I've had the S23 ultra for 2 days and i knew there would not be a big size difference from the Pixel 7. I was worried about the weight difference of the 2 phones but the design of the S23 ultra this year feels really good and the flatter sides gives it a pleasant fel when using 1 or 2 hands. I'm going in vacation this week and i will use the heck out of the camera. This will let meet know if i will keep it out send in S21 ultra for trade in.

D

Deleted member 1065517

Not crazy if you can afford to do so. I'll just repost what I said on another site.

I have a green S23 Ultra arriving today and have had the Pixel 7 Pro since release. I'll probably switch back and forth between the two... especially since the developer preview for Android 14 has been released for the Pixel 7 Pro already and the betas shortly thereafter. After that, it'll ultimately get traded-in for an Pixel 8 pro or Pixel Fold since the S23 Ultra will still be too new for trade-in.

That said, nothing wrong with my Pixel 7 Pro. Probably the one of these least problematic phones I've owned and ranks up there with the Pixel 2xl and the Nexus 5 as my fav Google phones.

I just chalk up my buying the S23 Ultra is just wanting the latest and greatest. It's not that one is better than the other. A lot of phones do different things slightly better than the other and the thing is that "slightly better" is subjective. It's not like things were 5-10 years ago. So yeah the Ultra will be the primary, but the sim will be in and out of the 7 Pro also.

treecastle

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife had a Note 20 and loves the S Pen. She has to have the pen option. I set up her phone for her. Nice phone but the extra cost of the S Pen doesn't make it worth the cost for me. I really love my Pixel 7 Pro and other than the S Pen, I think it's better. But it makes my wife happy and that's all that counts.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the S23 ultra and trading in my Pixel 7 pro to Verizon. Buying it through best buy, I can get the 512gb version for $20/month for 36 months. I only pay $10/month for my Pixel 7 pro and owe $180 on it. But I also am still paying for my Galaxy watch 5 and Tab S8 through Samsung. I would love to find a way to get rid of some of my tech monthly payments but I don't want to sell my Tab S8. I would need to pay off my Pixel and trade it in but I'd still be adding on another $10/month. My brain is telling me to hold off but my heart is telling me to go through with it. I have been mulling over this decision for months and this is the best deal that I've seen so far on it.

Another thing I have seen is that Samsung offers the option of a down payment. So I could essentially sell my Pixel on Swappa and have slightly more to put down on the phone so I wouldn't have to worry about bill credits. I have a couple of things I can potentially sell to pay off my Pixel to pay it off so I'd be able to use the full sale amount from Swappa to put down on the S23 ultra through Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts