Front Face camera..?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Who would know? The only people you can video chat with are other Atrix users. I'm thoroughly pissed about the lack of FFC support for this handset. Motorola's answer is, "use Qik for Motorola." When I said, ummm, but how am I supposed to video chat with someone on a different platform? They suggested I try other 3rd party software vendors. Ok, thanks for that Moto! :-/

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Who would know? The only people you can video chat with are other Atrix users. I'm thoroughly pissed about the lack of FFC support for this handset. Motorola's answer is, "use Qik for Motorola." When I said, ummm, but how am I supposed to video chat with someone on a different platform? They suggested I try other 3rd party software vendors. Ok, thanks for that Moto! :-/

Qik is available on any android handset.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. @dLo GSR, the problem isn't that Qik isn't available for other Android handsets. First, how many Android handsets have forward facing cameras? Not many. Second, my girlfriend has an iPhone. How is Qik going to help me video chat with her?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is a big one for me. My wife has an iPhone and I want to be able to video chat with her, and if someone has a problem with that being stupid, get over it. Between that and the fact that my WIFI sleep policy isn't working, it shuts off after the screen is off even though it is set to never, is starting to concern me a little( simply bc I am in my 30 day period and I can still swap phones). My phone is also getting really hot with heavy use at the bottom, anyone else?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My phone is also getting really hot with heavy use at the bottom, anyone else?

I'm having the same issue, but I kind of expected it since it's running a dual-core. I'll also say that my BB 9700 used to get very hot with heavy use, so I'm not all that concerned.

The camera would be the only thing that I would consider switching phones for. It is really the one reason why I chose this phone over others. I wanted to be able to video chat with the FFC.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but I kind of expected it since it's running a dual-core. I'll also say that my BB 9700 used to get very hot with heavy use, so I'm not all that concerned.

Good to hear I am not the only one. My Palm Pre could fry an egg, but I honestly attributed that to cheap hardware. Just making sure b/c within 30 days means I can get a new exchange, after 30 days means I am picking up someone else's problem phone(it was that way with Sprint, amazing the refurbs they would hand you, very rough looking).

The camera would be the only thing that I would consider switching phones for. It is really the one reason why I chose this phone over others. I wanted to be able to video chat with the FFC.

I agree. I came from the EVO so the HTC Inspire caught my eye, but I couldn't do it b/c of the lack of FFC even though everything else was perfect.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That is so funny......Daddy, Daddy, the other forum members are being mean to me, please make it stop and hold me.

Thats not what hes partaining to. Other people scroll the forums also and will flag an area where there is abuse between forum members. We just need this to be a fun community. We all need to watch eachothers backs :)

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats not what hes partaining to. Other people scroll the forums also and will flag an area where there is abuse between forum members. We just need this to be a fun community. We all need to watch eachothers backs :)

I understand, the way he worded it that is the first thing that came to mind and it made me laugh. Agreed completely about this being a fun place, somewhere we can ask questions and give feedback without ridicule.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just can't get over the fact that I can't use my front facing camera. It's really starting to bug me. I'm close to returning it and going back to the iPhone 4.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It is very frustrating, but the handset is new. I did talk with the devs at Tango and they told me they just got the Atrix last week. So we should start seeing updated apps soon I think.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It is frustrating. My girlfriend and sons all have ipod touch so I have to use my ipod to facetime them it kind of blows having to carry around two devices all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel