Front-Facing Camera Auto Focus issues during videos.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

I was shooting a video using the front-facing camera today and noticed something that I never had to deal with with my Pixel 2XL or my iPhone 7+.

During the recording, about every 25 seconds, the Camera would go out of focus for about 5 or 6 seconds and then go back into focus. It was just me talking on screen. No movement, no objects getting closer, no moving backrounds ether.

I tried it using the stock camera app as well as Open Camera. The auto focus issue happened during videos in both apps.

This is a deal breaker for me, so I'm hoping there's an easy fix.

Thanks so much in advance,

Matt!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey, All,

I was shooting a video using the front-facing camera today and noticed something that I never had to deal with with my Pixel 2XL or my iPhone 7+.

During the recording, about every 25 seconds, the Camera would go out of focus for about 5 or 6 seconds and then go back into focus. It was just me talking on screen. No movement, no objects getting closer, no moving backrounds ether.

I tried it using the stock camera app as well as Open Camera. The auto focus issue happened during videos in both apps.

This is a deal breaker for me, so I'm hoping there's an easy fix.

Thanks so much in advance,

Matt!

I also noticed focusing problems with the FF camera. It's annoying. Don't know if software will fix it. Hope so.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed focusing problems with the FF camera. It's annoying. Don't know if software will fix it. Hope so.
Hm, I just tried a one-minute selfie video and didn't see any focus problems in the preview window or during playback, regardless of whether I was stationary or moving. Indoors, good lighting, camera settings as shown.
camera settings.jpg

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hm, I just tried a one-minute selfie video and didn't see any focus problems in the preview window or during playback, regardless of whether I was stationary or moving. Indoors, good lighting, camera settings as shown.
View attachment 290214

Thanks for that! I'll post the video I took later today once it goes live so you can see the strange behavior...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe