Front screen protector in US.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. No outer screen protector for me, either. US unlocked.

Therefore, I bought the Samsung protector. It seems decent enough but difficult to put on properly because it is one of those where you peal layers during the install.
Glass?

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I should probably answer my own thread. Ordered direct from Samsung, Verizon version - no front screen protector. Received yesterday, 8/25.

R

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a screen protector that is good and easy to properly install (I tried the Sammy version)? I don't see much guidance from Amazon.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Spigen. The Samsung protector was decent, but hard (for me) to put on. The Spigen is nice and easy apply but does not cover the entire screen, for those who care. They also include a hinge protector which sounds good in theory, but it is trash.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Using the Spigen Glastr with a Spigen Slim Armor Pro case. Nice fitting on both......

Is this the screen protector and case you got? If so do you use the the hinge film protector? Heard it makes fold 4 harder to open or something. Saw a YouTube video of it making noise when opened. I ordered the ones in pic and should be here Friday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907_193821_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907_193821_Chrome.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220907_193753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907_193753_Chrome.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 23

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just bought the Spigen. The Samsung protector was decent, but hard (for me) to put on. The Spigen is nice and easy apply but does not cover the entire screen, for those who care. They also include a hinge protector which sounds good in theory, but it is trash.

If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about the hinge protector?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about the hinge protector?

No problem. There were a couple of blemishes (perhaps that was me) from application, but when I tried to open and shut the phone the hinge protector kind of rolled up and made it difficult to open and shut the phone. I really just wanted the screen protector so it wasn't a big deal to me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No problem. There were a couple of blemishes (perhaps that was me) from application, but when I tried to open and shut the phone the hinge protector kind of rolled up and made it difficult to open and shut the phone. I really just wanted the screen protector so it wasn't a big deal to me.

I think it's such a bad idea to have an adhesive film on the hinge that will insert itself into the phone when the phone is open considering there is no dust protection rating, and here you would be pushing in a foreign option into the phone... and what usually builds up around the adhesive? Dust!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I tried the adhesive as well. It's just not very practical. The hinge rubs on the adhesive and it doesn't close correctly or gets caught. I caved in and got the Spigen Armor pro with hinge protection. Awesome case so far....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Dang. That sucks. Sorry that happened. I had a ringke brand hinge film protector on my flip 3 that worked with no issues. Maybe I got lucky. Not using anything on my flip 4 so far. Shame lol. I saw several complaints about spigen hinge protector. Oh well. While it was a nice thought and bonus if it worked right, like you I really want the screen protector cause my screen is naked right now lol. Thanks.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I tried the adhesive as well. It's just not very practical. The hinge rubs on the adhesive and it doesn't close correctly or gets caught. I caved in and got the Spigen Armor pro with hinge protection. Awesome case so far....

My only fear is the hinge cover scratching the hinge. I had one from spigen that is built like the armor pro and it left scratches on my fold 2. I skipped that for the fold 3. I got the spigen pen holder one without hinge protector instead. But I chose to give it another try for fold 4 and hope it doesn't repeat the scratching issue.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
My only fear is the hinge cover scratching the hinge. I had one from spigen that is built like the armor pro and it left scratches on my fold 2. I skipped that for the fold 3. I got the spigen pen holder one without hinge protector instead. But I chose to give it another try for fold 4 and hope it doesn't repeat the scratching issue.
Interesting you say that.... I saw reviews from the Spigen Armor for the Fold 3 about scratching, but I don't see how that can happen with the 4 model, unless maybe the Spring breaks, but even that, it's on the side and not on top. Hopefully this model is better....Good luck to us both

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Interesting you say that.... I saw reviews from the Spigen Armor for the Fold 3 about scratching, but I don't see how that can happen with the 4 model, unless maybe the Spring breaks, but even that, it's on the side and not on top. Hopefully this model is better....Good luck to us both

Oh ok. Gotcha. Crazy. Yes fingers crossed🤞😊

bettyn10

Aug 22, 2022
Visit site
Mine front screen had a protector on it. It was a thin film. I took it off and replaced it with a thicker one. Ordered the unlocked version through samsung

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa