Froyo and linking contacts?

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I've been using my Incredible and X for so long, that maybe my memory is fuzzy, but..

I updated my Droid (A855) to the recent Froyo and something I've noticed...

It appears to be missing the ability to manually LINK contacts...

While it can and did auto link some of the common gmail and FB contacts, and combine info into a single contact listing for that person (with all details including phone numbers, email address, FB picture, birthday, and link to FB page), but if for some reason it doesn't match them up, it doesn't allow the user(ME) to manually LINK them.

example: in gmail, MOM with cell phone and email address, and in FB, Helen M. with email, birth date, picture, etc, I show two listings on phone, not associated.

On X and INC, I could menu -> Link... and pair them into one. Froyo doesn't appear to have that ability.

Should I be able to do this on the Moto Droid with? (do I call it droid1? or A855 or??) Since my memory is fuzzy, how did it work on 2.1 and prior?

BrianM23

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but i have noticed the contact link between FB and contacts has been from contacts who have their phone number on their FB profile.

mikelbeck

Jun 8, 2010
www.motorola.com
Go to a contact, then Menu->Edit Contact. Once it opens go to Menu->Join. Is that what you're looking for?

I think the names have to match for it to find a Facebook profile to link to, though.

Examiner19

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Also, in the Facebook app, under settings, make sure you selected Sync All Contacts and not just Contacts on the Phone. If it doesn't auto-join, it thinks the contact is not on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones