Froyo audio quality problems acknowledged by Google, fix coming (eventually)

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why speculate when you can get correct info from the horse's mouth? With the kind permission of Jonathan in Customer Support at Pandora, I quote his 8/11/10 emailed comment on Pandora's Evo bitrate:

"Mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+."

If you need further clarification on this, please contact Pandora directly.

I think I'll take the app's actual data usage over some customer support guy. It's just impossible to argue with what Pandora is /actually/ using, as opposed to what they say it's using. Feel free to debate this to death, but I have hard numbers on my side.

If you need more clarification, feel free to run Pandora and check the SystemPanel app while it's running. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there any authoritative source on what you guys are talking about? I've been looking for technical white papers and Googling this stuff and none of these companies provide in depth detail of what they are doing. The best I could find are some pretty good articles on howstuffworks.com.

Also please be nice ;)

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Any info as to when this fix is coming, if it's coming? It's practically October, and I find listening to Pandora excruciating. Used to have it playing in my car over BT audio and it sounded great. Now after the Froyo update, it sounds like s**t..even on High quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecoch