Frustration is what I feel....

irishrocker76

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently changed my phone from the samsung vibrant to the HTC Sensation and I really must say that I was very happy at first with this new phone. This happiness was very short lived however. I am noticing more and more that my reception and connection to the 4G network is worse than any other phone I have ever owned. My girlfriend has the My Touch 4G and we can both be standing side by side and she will have full bars with 4G and I on the other hand will have a 2 bar reception and maybe 4G but it changes back and forth from 2G to 4G. If this is a known issue that the antenna on this phone sucks then what is being done about it? Can we say the I-phone issue? I am just as the title states...... very frustrated

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well... The whole back cover houses the antenna as part of htc's new design. Try not to grip too much of it

irishrocker76

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and the info about the entire back cover being the antenna. Not to sound like the devils advocate but with this information shouldn't the surface area of the back cover increase my antenna strength?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with my WiFi staying connected in my first Sensation. Issues like this are covered under warranty. You should easily be able to get an exchange from T-Mobile.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
There are holes if you notice on the back cover of the sensation. If these holes are covered you will see a drop in certain connections. For example: I bleieve the top two holes near the camera are the network antennas while the bottom two holes are wireless internet. Personally, I don't love this new design by HTC as hand positioning becomes way too important and it gives me an eerie Steve Balmer-esque feeling of "there is nothing wrong with the iPhone...consumers are just holding it wrong!"

seanwilliams78

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the same issue...reception is ridiculously inconsistent. Like you said...I can have 4 full bars 4G, then it disappears and just says "G", then 2G, and hopefully back to 4G. The crappy thing is, no applications work on anything other than 4G - so 2G is worthless for anything but a phone call.

I recently rooted, ROMed, and patched the radio...so we'll see if any of that helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick