Full display mode

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So I thought this phone looked amazing till a YouTube video pointed out that by deafult the screen is in 1080P. I switched to full display and OMG!! Everything looks 10x better again! The colours POP and it is amazing!! And easier for me to read text. Not sure the hit to my battery life, but I will keep an eye on that.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. While setting up Friday, I was watching tips and tricks videos since I'm new to the Pixel gang. So glad I watched that video because there's a visible difference in full. Yesterday I had 5.5 hours SOT with 32% left. So far, so good over here.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
But really and truly the way I measure battery isn't watching SOT it's just simply how much battery I have at the end of the day.

Same. I watch stats when I get a phone due to forum fomo. Basically to see if mine is on par with the "masses". After that, I don't notice it unless I get the 15% warning which is rare.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I hit 3.5 hours and still had 64% left. At that rate I figure I could squeeze 7hrs out of it. But really and truly the way I measure battery isn't watching SOT it's just simply how much battery I have at the end of the day. That SOT stat is overrated and subjective imo.
I agree. If I end the day with around 20% or more, battery life is good. If it's below 15% it's not good. If I have to charge during the day it's bad.,

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So I thought this phone looked amazing till a YouTube video pointed out that by deafult the screen is in 1080P. I switched to full display and OMG!! Everything looks 10x better again! The colours POP and it is amazing!! And easier for me to read text. Not sure the hit to my battery life, but I will keep an eye on that.
That was one of the first things I did when I got the 8 Pro based on YouTube videos I had watched. I don't have any idea how much it impacts battery life but it really hasn't been a problem based on how I use the phone.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Still trying to decide if I want to upgrade from my P6P...I read the screen on the P8P is a little lower resolution (but the bump in brightness will be much appreciated!). Is the drop in resolution noticeable?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz