Question Full screen Android Auto screen mirroring with/without root

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to screen mirror my phone and have it full screen? Doesn't matter if the phone needs to be rooted or not, I just want to know if it is possible.

I have a Z Fold 4 and it is not rooted. When I use the screen2auto app it only uses some of the display in my 2022 Kia Stinger with a 10.5" infotaiment screen.

F2IhlCFWgAA3ca7.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
it looks like an aspect ratio thing. Have you tried it with a different device that has a different aspect ratio? The fold is a square while other devices are rectangle. I would say that it is probably not possible to do what you want even with root. Try a different aspect ratioed device and see if this changes anything.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Waze It's the only app right now that I can get full screen on my cars info system
Yeah but what device do you have? This is posted in the general forum rather than the Fold threads. In the meantime, it doesn't surprise me that Waze would work. Waze probably has something in it that allows it go full screen and adapt its aspect ratio. Which is weird that Maps wouldn't. Although made owned by Google Waze runs circles around Maps for a lot of stuff. It would be just terrible if Google actually combined the two and put out one good app vs two so-so apps.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Yeah but what device do you have? This is posted in the general forum rather than the Fold threads. In the meantime, it doesn't surprise me that Waze would work. Waze probably has something in it that allows it go full screen and adapt its aspect ratio. Which is weird that Maps wouldn't. Although made owned by Google Waze runs circles around Maps for a lot of stuff. It would be just terrible if Google actually combined the two and put out one good app vs two so-so apps.
It's working for me on the Pixel fold right now but it has worked on every other Android phone that I've had recently including the s23u and the flip 4.. as well as the P7P.. I believe my regular Google maps also goes full screen I have to double check that...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Might be a Kia thing then, but you don't say that you're using AA. Unfortunately I was a year too early to have AA in my Toyota and I'm not buying a new car to get it so these are all just my best guess based on things I've posted. Although I have heard that each app is usually responsible for its display on whatever device. So as individual apps cast to a device it might be different than actually using AA. And maybe it is AA itself?