G1 Update.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I was browsing the internetz today and i saw a heroish (sense UI) and 2.0 on a G1. It ran it fine, too. So there is hope that it can handle it (only major stat difference is the slightly lower ram).

myandroid713

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt the G1 will ever get another major update ever again. Everyone is trying to get the latest and greatest Android phone that it seems pointless to update an outdated phone.

Which, IMO, completely sucks. I love my G1, and don't want to get rid of it.

tribalartgod

May 26, 2010
deadtearz.webs.com
I haven't seen anything about the G1 getting an OFFICIAL update after 1.6 yet. Not from any "true" source anyways... Some sites say it will, some sites say it won't.

the bottom line is this: The G1 CAN IN FACT handle 2.1. I have run it on my phone and it ran actually faster and smoother than the stock 1.6. The only changes I saw in performance was it took almost a full 5 minutes to boot the phone. Other than that, I personally believe we WILL in fact see these newer updates for the G1...only time will tell though.

StevanK

Aug 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
As a T-Mobile employee I can OFFICIALLY tell you that the T-Mobile G1 will be getting OTA updates before the end of 2010, according to an office memo we received earlier this year. - I can assure you that Google's Android Development Team and T-Mobile's PDA and Smartphone team are working diligently to bring your G1 the next level of Android.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
please help me with my g1 i cant install more than 18 mb of games it will say not enough space but i have 40 mb of games

Please tell me this isn't your primary device, right?

What do you mean you have 40, where?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020