G2 texting issues

Ann Mitchell

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my G2 in November and I'm on my third phone already because of texting issues. When i have a conversation going back and forth quickly, the texting lags and my swype puts in words that are nothing like what i typed and the whole text app lags getting in and out of it. Sometimes people never receive my texts even though they say sent. Sometimes i never get texts from someone else that say sent on their phone. People ask me ask the time If something is wrong because i never respond.
This is the best one. Sometimes I'll text someone and the phone will take a past text that they've already received (sometimes days before) and it'll take the text i just sent, cut them both in half and paste them together mid text so the first half is about one subject and the second half is about something completely different!!
Also while typing, my phone will randomly capitalize the first letter of every word or turn on caps lock.
One more thing not about texts. Sometimes my phone will hang up on someone mud call and when i try to call them back, the phone just sits there saying "dialing". I end up having to text them and ask them to call me. Most of the time they are able to, but sometimes my phone will send them right to voicemail.
Please keep in mind these problems are happening with multiple people with 3 different carriers and everyone has a different phone. This is my third G2 since November and even got a new SIM card. idk what the problem is, But I'm NOT happy with this phone at all since most of my dealings are through text. Also, everything else works fine, so idk what's going on, but I'm over it. Verizon tells me LG doesn't have any complaints about this, so they don't know what to tell me. I'm frustrated and angry only being back with Verizon since November and nothing they can do about this junk phone :(

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my G2 in November and I'm on my third phone already because of texting issues. When i have a conversation going back and forth quickly, the texting lags and my swype puts in words that are nothing like what i typed and the whole text app lags getting in and out of it. Sometimes people never receive my texts even though they say sent. Sometimes i never get texts from someone else that say sent on their phone. People ask me ask the time If something is wrong because i never respond.
This is the best one. Sometimes I'll text someone and the phone will take a past text that they've already received (sometimes days before) and it'll take the text i just sent, cut them both in half and paste them together mid text so the first half is about one subject and the second half is about something completely different!!
Also while typing, my phone will randomly capitalize the first letter of every word or turn on caps lock.
One more thing not about texts. Sometimes my phone will hang up on someone mud call and when i try to call them back, the phone just sits there saying "dialing". I end up having to text them and ask them to call me. Most of the time they are able to, but sometimes my phone will send them right to voicemail.
Please keep in mind these problems are happening with multiple people with 3 different carriers and everyone has a different phone. This is my third G2 since November and even got a new SIM card. idk what the problem is, But I'm NOT happy with this phone at all since most of my dealings are through text. Also, everything else works fine, so idk what's going on, but I'm over it. Verizon tells me LG doesn't have any complaints about this, so they don't know what to tell me. I'm frustrated and angry only being back with Verizon since November and nothing they can do about this junk phone :(

It's not even close to a junk phone... I don't know ANYONE who's having any type of experience that even remotely resembles your experience with this phone. This is the best phone is ever had and everyone I've talked to about it says the same thing. Near perfect phone. Sorry you're having these experiences, but it's incredibly odd.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
It seems that your primary use for the phone is texting which leads me to think you accumulate a lot of texts. Try deleting some of your older/un needed texts and see if that helps. Its not been a problem for me with my G2 but I did have that problem in the past with older android phones and it was a known issue back then.

You may also want to try turning your wifi off if you are not connected to a wifi hotspot or access point.

See if that helps.

David

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my G2 the first week in January, I noticed a couple times that my phone would make the notification sound and I would go to my stock text messaging app and see nothing new. I thought it was a glitch with my phone making random noises. Then I installed Flow for managing my notifications(led light colors, flash rate, etc) and that app leaves an icon in my notification panel. Shortly after installing Flow I got the text messaging notification and in my notification dropdown I could see Flow showing me who the message was from and what said, but when I went to my stock messaging app, there was nothing new. The text I know my phone received was not there.

I switched to Textra and have had no problems since. I never had any of the other issues you mentioned, but I agree that the stock messaging app is glitchy. Try Textra, it's free and it seems to work quite well for me.

Peggy Sherman

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had the exact same issues. It only happens with one individual. I am assuming our thread is too long and it is either overlapping or just grabbing bits and pieces of random past text to this person and inserting in the middle of my most current text. It's very confusing and is causing friction. I deleted the thread and started over and it's doing it again. It looks fine on my end, but the receiver gets something totally different. I can forward it to my email account and it looks fine. I forwarded to him and again it grabs old historical bits and pieces of text. I'm ready to explode. Everything else is great about my droid.

JJCook

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that my phone lags when it gets warm. It requires either setting the phone down for a while or killing apps running in the background. It's very frustrating. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep the temp down?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my phone. It turned out to be defective. I realized after taking a screen shot to edit that I had random red marks all over the screen. The touch screen sensor was bad. I had so much of a problem getting it dealt with that verizon eventually replaced it with a droid turbo.

It is normally covered under extended warranty for free.

Edit: the digitizer is what broke on my screen. It was separating from the glass.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

gillsG2

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever sort out this problem? I've been having all the same identical issues since I bought the phone a couple of years ago. Just approaching end of contract and trying to sort once and for all if it's the phone or o2 causing the trouble.

o2 have just checked things out again there end and say I should back everything up and go with default settings.

Texts don't always get sent, sometimes get garbled and I have ongoing issues with texting - that words change and join up with others, adding all sorts of random characters which don't make any sense at all, which means I'm for ever having to go back and delete and re-type.

Anyway if this is just a G2 problem I'll change the phone at end of contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkC1970