G3 auto blue tooth connection

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moto X with the same BTC450 device. Your phone should auto-connect to that device when bluetooth is on and the phone is in range. There shouldn't be any additional settings to enable that, as long as your phone is properly paired with the BT device.

It's been working fine with my Moto X for almost a year.

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe some devices just don't have the feature because my GS3 didn't do it as well. I researched it and found out that it's a Samsung thing. Yesterday I tried it out on my G3 and it didn't work. I had to reconnect with the device in order for it to pick it back up. Now if I leave the vehicle and turn off blue tooth and return to the vehicle and turn it back on then it will connect, but if I leave blue tooth on and return it will not play through the vehicle until I manually connect the BTC450.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My bluetooth auto connects, but I use an app called "Bluetooth connect and play". Now if I could just get metadata to show with Pandora/Spotify/Slacker, etc.. like it used to with my S3 after Kitkat!!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My newer Subaru Legacy auto connects to my Optimus g every time. Same with my Mazda cx9. No extra settings

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine connects to my car automatically as well. Once I established the pairing, every time I get in the car it connects and starts playing whatever the last thing I was listening to. My GS5/4 and Note 2/3 worked exactly the same way.

khodr.chehab

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe some devices just don't have the feature because my GS3 didn't do it as well. I researched it and found out that it's a Samsung thing. Yesterday I tried it out on my G3 and it didn't work. I had to reconnect with the device in order for it to pick it back up. Now if I leave the vehicle and turn off blue tooth and return to the vehicle and turn it back on then it will connect, but if I leave blue tooth on and return it will not play through the vehicle until I manually connect the BTC450.
I have a built in infinity 7.1 sounds system from Kia. The issue is not the system nor the phone. When you turn Bluetooth ON on the phone, it'll go visible and search for devices for around a minute then it'll go invisible and stops searching. The reason it stops searching is to save battery. Now, if you start the system in the car, and you turn Bluetooth on, they'll connect, because the phone will be visible, and it'll be searching for devices, it'll see the car system and recognize it's paired, so it'll connect.

Now if the car system is off, and the phone Bluetooth is on, and you start the car system, it's not going to connect. Because the phone is saving battery and the Bluetooth is invisible and not searching, so it's not going to see the car system. It happened with my s2,s3,s4,s4 & now with the G3.

I only use Bluetooth when in the car and sometimes with my home sound system.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Evolefty,
Sounds like you'll need to contact Kinivo Technical Support via email [support@kinivo.com] or call them 1-855-4-KINIVO (Toll-free)/(855-454-6486)
Monday to Friday: 9AM - 5PM Pacific Time.
They also have a live chat feature on their website but you need to see when it's online.^IV

alewin75

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently had this problem. Here is what I have and here is how I resolved it:

2015 Subaru WRX
LG G3

Bluetooth worked fine with my HTC m7, but not with G3. First, unpair all phones and audio devices from the car. Next, pair the PHONE (not audio) with the car. In my case, this also paired the audio connection. The phone now auto-pairs both phone and audio when I turn the car on, no more having to cycle bluetooth! Hope this helps

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
My car and every headset I own auto connect when in range.
If your car requires manual connection, it's the car,not the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams