G3 on sprint?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So after a few days of exploring all my options I've decided to stay with sprint for now and upgrade.

I'm going in a couple hours to best buy to get the G3 for $1 on a new contract. Any reason not to get this phone? I'm coming from a note 2 which still works fine but I've never had any use for the spen or any of the other note features.

Reasons to upgrade to the G3 that I can see;
Snapdragon 801 - should be better than the exynos I have now
3gb ram
32 gb of internal memory vs 16gb in the note 2
Spark - from what I've read there's at least 2 of the bands on now in my area.
Form factor
Better camera
Fm radio

I'm not really seeing a down side to running this phone for awhile and upgrading from my note 2 for $1.

Any input is appreciated...

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone is great. Not sure how the radios perform on Sprint but on T-Mobile been very strong.
Enjoy.

Posted via the Android Central App

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up there is no fm radio in the carrier version of the g3. But I have the sprint g3 and I can tell you first hand it is a powerhouse. Camera is very good, battery life is a step above average, and the qhd display is awesome. You will not be disappointed. I live in Virginia were there is no spark yet but were I did live before there was and I always had excellent signal. Enjoy your new g3 I promise you will love it like I do.

Posted via Android Central App

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got it, still getting used to it. The fm radio does work in mine. Signal is improved, definitely a nice smooth device. Installed Nova launcher and turned off the animations.

Thanks for the help and recommendations guys, I'll keep you posted

vocalist

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask how your call quality is? I am also on Sprint and I had the G3 for 5 days before I swapped to the S5 because call quality was just okay, not great and the case I chose (from a limited selection) made the phone larger than it actually is and less comfortable. I've been toying with going back to the G3 but I need to make sure that calling sounds good. I really miss that camera and the dual window works much better on a 5.5" screen.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask how your call quality is? I am also on Sprint and I had the G3 for 5 days before I swapped to the S5 because call quality was just okay, not great and the case I chose (from a limited selection) made the phone larger than it actually is and less comfortable. I've been toying with going back to the G3 but I need to make sure that calling sounds good. I really miss that camera and the dual window works much better on a 5.5" screen.

So far it's actually been really good. Especially when I talk to my wife. She got the iPhone 6 (Also on sprint) and both have HD voice so its phenomenal when talking to someone on HD voice. But even to someone else I've not had an issue, the call isn't as clear but it's been fine. Better than I had at times on my note 2.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
You really should have done a search, since your question has been asked and answered a million times. Tons of info to be had.

The Sprint version does have the FM tuner and it works great.