GALAXY A30 screen bright problem

Jere Sueldo

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, I bought a Galaxy A30 a few months ago, and I have noticed after playing Call of Duty that when playing the screen lowers automatically its bright from one moment to another. At first I tought it was some game related bug, because when lowering the notificacions panel the screen bright still marks the top level. After a few days I noticed this started to happen in another apps like instagram, suddenly the screen lowers like 30% of it brightness and I try to move the brightness bar to a lower level and go back to full to see it it goes back to normal, but even with the bar at full it stays like that, darker, with a very clear difference from the full bright of five minutes ago. I know there is an option for auto brightening wich was always disabled, and if it was caused by that option, the brightness bar should also lower and not staying at the top as it does now.

The thing is that whenever this happen, I get used slowly to the new amount of bright and cannot tell if it goes back to normal or WHEN it goes back to normal. If it does, its pretty gradually because I dont notice it. There seem to be nothing in common between the cases, this doesn't happen when charging or something like that, happens anytime..

Does anyone knows what can be causing this?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab S3 mildly decreases brightness sometimes under heavy load. Probably an attempt to keep the system cold. Decreasing brightness decreases load on the power chips in the phone in order to decrease heat should thermal throttling the CPU/GPU not be enough.