galaxy nexus hand time

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Matias said that when watching a video for instance, the soft buttons would disappear to take advantage of the full HD screen. I was slightly inebriated during the live stream, and may have nodded out a few times though :-/

The whole thing is on Android Police, however. I'll watch it again tonight. I don't remember if there were or weren't dots.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Edit: adding link
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/19/re-watch-the-ice-cream-sandwich-galaxy-nexus-event-1-hour-recording/

Last edited:

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
all in all. He was still spot on for the most part. A few of his fallacies can be due to the fact he used a pre production model and that Verizons version will be slightly different. Like i said, Sub Dawg has been around, i have no reason to believe he would randomly go troll on us.

Don't forget this quote which I'm trying to figure it's truthfulness now:
"Jacob Epstein - Verizon, about 25mbps down and 10 up
5:06 PM"

I don't think you can rate his subjective opinions as true or false. That being said being "mostly right" would be good for hearsay rumors not "I have a Google employee friend and the actual phone". Without some kind of explanation or response it leaves a lot of questions especially with news that CM7 team members put out false rumors from the name to the specs.
Anonymous CyanogenMod Member Spills the Beans on Nexus Prime

As I've stated I'd like to hear what he has to say, so far he has been staying quiet and has made no further posts.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in his response too. All im saying is i don't think he is like the other trolls who make ana account and spew fake nonsense. He is actually part of the forum and has a history.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the waiting game continues. I'm not going to discredit SUBDawg because he might have used a pre-production model of the phone. Also, we do not have confirmed specs for the Verizon version. Until Verizon announces the device, everything else is speculation.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All this benchmark software may not jive well with ice cream who knows based on the specs and a new os it has to be pretty darn fast unless there is a memory issue with ice or a bug that will be fixed on release to maybe hide it's real power. I am excited for this and the razr imo both seem like a lot of effort was put in them. For me I think it will be a tough call each has their strenght's I want both lol.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the waiting game continues. I'm not going to discredit SUBDawg because he might have used a pre-production model of the phone. Also, we do not have confirmed specs for the Verizon version. Until Verizon announces the device, everything else is speculation.

So damn tired of speculation!! Waited for ever for Bionic... crap. And finally we thought we would know it all yesterday for Nexus.... NOPE! And yes I'm "mad bro" and you would be too if you were stuck in the stone age with a HTC Eris in one hand and knuckle dragging the other.... :-\

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So damn tired of speculation!! Waited for ever for Bionic... crap. And finally we thought we would know it all yesterday for Nexus.... NOPE! And yes I'm "mad bro" and you would be too if you were stuck in the stone age with a HTC Eris in one hand and knuckle dragging the other.... :-\

Yeah, I feel your pain. I was so excited to finally have all of my questions answered... And then it didn't happen. Also, a little disappointed that Google/Samsung did not announce carriers/prices. How can you have an event about a phone's release without announcing these things?!? I don't care if Verizon wanted to be the one to announce the device; they should have gone and done it there.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how wide the screen is? / how tall? I don't mean diagonal 4.65 height I mean vertically and horizontally.. thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how wide the screen is? / how tall? I don't mean diagonal 4.65 height I mean vertically and horizontally.. thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L
4.65" is the hypotenuse of a triangle with legs in a 16:9 proportion. Calling the leg lengths a and b, we have:
a^2 + b^2 = (4.85)^2 (by the Pythagorean theorem)
and
a/b = 16/9 (known aspect ratio of the screen),
which are satisfactory conditions to determine the value of both a and b (two equations containing only the same two unknowns).

Writing b in terms of a:
a = 16/9*b
Substituting into the first equation:
(16/9*b)^2 + b^2 = 4.65^2
Solving:
256/81*b^2 + b^2 = 4.65^2
337/81*b^2 = 4.65^2
b^2 = 4.65^2*(81/337)
b = sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 2.28 (appx.)

Substituting the determined value for b into the second equation:
a/sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 16/9
Solving:
a = 16/9*sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 4.05 (appx.)

So the wide side of the screen is about 4.05", and the short side of the screen is about 2.28".

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
4.65" is the hypotenuse of a triangle with legs in a 16:9 proportion. Calling the leg lengths a and b, we have:
a^2 + b^2 = (4.85)^2 (by the Pythagorean theorem)
and
a/b = 16/9 (known aspect ratio of the screen),
which are satisfactory conditions to determine the value of both a and b (two equations containing only the same two unknowns).

Writing b in terms of a:
a = 16/9*b
Substituting into the first equation:
(16/9*b)^2 + b^2 = 4.65^2
Solving:
256/81*b^2 + b^2 = 4.65^2
337/81*b^2 = 4.65^2
b^2 = 4.65^2*(81/337)
b = sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 2.28 (appx.)

Substituting the determined value for b into the second equation:
a/sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 16/9
Solving:
a = 16/9*sqrt(4.65^2*(81/337)) = 4.05 (appx.)

So the wide side of the screen is about 4.05", and the short side of the screen is about 2.28".

Couldn't have said it better!!

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing to be gained by going after the OP. He/she gave what insight he/she thought was best to share. I thank the OP.

Since this thread was started as a "rumor" - prior to the announcement - and the official announcement has been made, we should move on from this thread.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
1.5 ghz, 8 MP camera, 1900 mah battery, led notification, faster Ltd modem, anything else we should know? You said no release date? Damn I was hoping sooner than later...

Sent from my ADR6400L

so wait... it has a higher clocked 4460, 150mah bigger battery, and better LTE modem? interesting