Galaxy Note 10.1: Can you connect to Internet via Bluetooth (Phone-to-Note)?

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can you connect to internet via Bluetooth (Phone-to-Note)?

I got the Epic Touch 4G ICS and i used FoxFi as wifi. and din't work, so i tried Bluetooth, and it does work :p

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

@Stuart No 4G LTE here. After rethinking my options I realize I'm not away from WiFi enough to have to concern myself with tethering.

crb

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

How fast is the connection over Bluetooth tether?

I may just root the new phone (razr maxx hd) when I get it and be done.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Forrest144

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi i have just brought my son the Nexus 32gb for his xmas press and want to get it all set up what's the best way to set it up so we can access the internet from any were he has autism so constantly uses games i have linked it to my HTC google account so all the games/books are now copied to the tablet but whats best for internet ?

Conect to my bluetooth or
Buy a pay as go usb thingy.....?

Any help much appreciated

Clare

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Well, every carrier charges you for the mobile hotspot option in some way. On AT&T, I pay for the 5 gig a month data plan so my Galaxy S3 can be one, and, believe you me, I do not need anything like 5 gigs, since I have so much access to wifi (home and office). But I pony up so I can connect all my devices if I am out in the netherworld.

I'm on at&t and use foxfi free. It works really well. I've never used it for more than 30/40 min @ a time but I've never been charged. I have an unlimited data plan so that could be why.

sent from my GSIII from AC Forums

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I found this thread and installed FoxFi on my motorola droid 4. My samsung galaxy note 10.1 connected first try using wifi. I have an unlimited data plan so i dont really have to worry about any usage of data one way or another. Seems to work fine, don't notice it being slow or disconnecting. I'm usually around wifi but sometimes when on jobsites i want internet access or email access other than on my phone. Tablet is a nice size to review attachments, floorplans etc. So it's a good solution for me just thought i would share how i use it. I actually haven't tried the bluetooth function.

johntay1

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi, ive been trying to do this as well.What do you mean by subscrice on phone end, could you give me more detail?, thanks, John.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I am not rooting anymore, tried the FoxFi paid option, able to surf via Bluetooth. Unable to upload to Box and Drop Box.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Sangroom Unday

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Simple process to share internet connection between phone and pc is via data cable.Through portable hotspot you can connect.

Regards
Mr. Murli nagrani

I installed Open Garden today, it works. Had trouble receiving email, but was able to view websites.

Last edited:

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I purchased a Sprint hot spot device.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk