Galaxy Note 20 - About the plastic back...

TuongThuc

Sep 9, 2020
Visit site
At first I applauded Samsung for taking the risk of riling up people by using a plastic back (which is far more drop resistant) as opposed to a glass back like everyone would expect, on their new premium $1000 top-of-the-line flagship smartphone.

But then I thought, why not make everyone happy?

They could have gone all Note 4 with a rubber/textured/faux leather style back as seen in BlackBerry's, Samsung XCover Pro, etc (yes it's wireless charging compatible).

That would have been a decent alternative which can still look and feel premium without the downsides of glass (shattering, fingerprints, weight), instead of opting for a shiny plastic back that's trying to emulate glass.

What are your thoughts about it?35-tet-con-cho_rkks.jpg

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not a bad idea but for me I always have a case on mine so it really doesn't matter glass plastic dirt it doesn't matter.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They should have at least used the matte glass they used on the bronze color.

My thoughts.. Most everyone puts their phones in a case now days so does it really matter. I never used a case until the note 5 because there was no need to till then. I wouldn't be opposed to something like that again, save money on cases. As far as wireless charging, I laugh everytime someone says wireless charging works better with glass backs, again most have cases on so that point is moot.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I really have no problem with the Plastic back on the Note 20. I like the matte finish and the device feels high quality. I will always use a case or at least a skin so its just not important at all. Its interesting how many people are put off by the matte plastic but I think it looks and feels just fine...and likey allows the device to be lighter too. I figure that those who think a glass back is important...they'll get another device. but I really really like this Note 20 and its flat display, great battery, good cameras, and just-right size.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, what the back of the phone is made of to me is pretty much a "eh, why do I care?" because I always put mine in a case.

If it's THAT much of a sticking point for people, get a different phone. I don't understand how people can nit-pick over these kinds of things, to be honest. Yeah, I know, no the most popular stance... oh well. :)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, what the back of the phone is made of to me is pretty much a "eh, why do I care?" because I always put mine in a case.

If it's THAT much of a sticking point for people, get a different phone. I don't understand how people can nit-pick over these kinds of things, to be honest. Yeah, I know, no the most popular stance... oh well. :)
You're quite right, IMO, but people will always find something to nit-pick on...its what we do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174