Galaxy Note 3 Stuck on Samsung Logo

Wookiee925

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

Recently my Note 3 rebooted randomly while I was using it, ever since then it is stuck at the Samsung Logo. A few of the forum posts I've come across while looking for assistance mention being stuck where it says "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" but in my case, it gets past that and instead sits on the screen that just says Samsung, with the animated blue sparkles. And stays on this screen forever.

I have removed and reinserted the battery and I have wiped the cache partition. I did also find people talking about doing an emergency recovery from Kies. My computer is Linux, but I got hold of a Windows machine and installed Kies on it. But because the phone never boots up Kies is unable to detect it to connect to it (I did try multiple cables/ports just to be safe).

I know everyone's next to go to will be full reset to factory image, but I'd like to exhaust every other option first. Even if it's just to get it up a few hours and get off some data off / backed up.

Another thing to note, it the battery on this phone is pretty old and past due for replacement, could that be having an effect? Do I want to buy a whole new battery if the phone is a write-off?

Any assistance appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is freezing on the bootscreen, rather than going into a bootloop, then it probably isn't a battery issue. I'd guess either corrupt firmware or a failing motherboard.

Wookiee925

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
The animation on the Bootscreen continues to animate, but never progresses any further.

I assume then attempting factory reset is the only option left, barring a new phone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44