Galaxy Note 3 Verizon: Lollipop Update

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you open camera from lockscreen widget is part of the field of view obscured like mine?
3add2fd6dfcce54a4d2f7ab8215e3862.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I fixed that with a restart. Duh. Still now way to change volume from lockscreen that I know of.

Also I thought we could add corporate email to gmail now? I want to because red underline spelling errors works in gmail but not Samsung stock email.

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok it seems like lollipop added group text over wifi. Before I had to be on verizon network in order to get group texts or picture texts

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Lolipop 5.0: I doubt the first part of the installation cleared cache.
Was having a horrible problem with battery drain. Went into safe mode and then cleared ALL cache.
Battery drain improved after that. But now the AVG App is showing I have over 245 hours of battery life which we all know is totally incorrect. I've contacted AVG about it. Tried clearing cache through the app... didn't work. Let them know, and waiting for a better answer.

Heard back from AVG. They recommend uninstalling and re-installing AVG. Did that, NO change.

Last edited:

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to put phone into vibrate mode without entering the pin in the lock screen? Before the on-off menu after a long press on button gave you sound options on the bottom so you could quickly go to silent or vibrate without opening to the home screen.

I miss that feature...and as far as I know you can't on the lock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Just updated this morning. One thing that I found is that there's a setting where if someone enters your pin wrong 10 times in a row, it does a factory reset.

What I'm having trouble with is touchwiz. I cannot bring anything new to my home screen. Is there anyway to fix that without doing a factory reset? Or is a factory reset peetty much mandatory with a new software update?

Also, is there any way to change the colors?

You can actually turn that off in the security settings I believe and I have just started having issues with TouchWiz myself. Factory reset time.

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how a person could send Google a list of complaints about 5.0? Not that they'd listen nor care but I feel like venting my displeasure with them.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I miss that feature...and as far as I know you can't on the lock screen.

I found a way to do it from gear watch with wearable widgets installed and a widget called silent mode placed in wearable widget. No help if you don't have a gear watch....but then you should have a gear watch.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I cannot get 2 apps to equally share split screen view. Only 1 app and a smaller popup. How do you get a 50:50 view of 2 apps in 5.0? Both apps are available on split screen sidebar so it must be possible somehow.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Using with nova launcher.. Is great.. Faster than before and the multi window launch by swiping diagonally down from the corner is excellent.. Try it!

Posted via Android Central App

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
BTW, I cannot get 2 apps to equally share split screen view. Only 1 app and a smaller popup. How do you get a 50:50 view of 2 apps in 5.0? Both apps are available on split screen sidebar so it must be possible somehow.

Push and hold your finger on for example messages and drag it to the screen.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This is getting way too complicated. I don't want Lollipop on mine, no Sir!

I probably will have to though. T- Mobiles seem to have it easy.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Better than the last time I posted. This is after 8 hours at work in a warehouse full of metal.

Attachments

• 1429846942219.jpg
    1429846942219.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware