Galaxy s IV romored to have a bigger screen. Happy?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
At this point I'm wondering, how much more can they do?? Saw Nokia is doing a 3D printing capability for people that have 3D printers so they can print themselves a new battery cover. That's about the coolest thing I've heard of in a while. Now I want a 3D printer and a 3D printing app. That's pretty close to a Star Trek replicator, minus making food. :)

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be worried over the negkible difference, but I'd be worried about battery consumption. My S3s screen gulps down battery despite being on the auto/dimmest setting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

From my experience on my DNA, auto brightness actually uses more battery. I just set the screen to dim and leave it be.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
From my experience on my DNA, auto brightness actually uses more battery. I just set the screen to dim and leave it be.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I agree, as do many, many experts..don't use the auto-brightness. I missed that part as did a couple others on this thread, cause I know they know not to use this lol

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
At this point I'm wondering, how much more can they do?? Saw Nokia is doing a 3D printing capability for people that have 3D printers so they can print themselves a new battery cover. That's about the coolest thing I've heard of in a while. Now I want a 3D printer and a 3D printing app. That's pretty close to a Star Trek replicator, minus making food. :)

They are expensive as hell and tough to program, but yeah they are cool. In about 10 years they will be totally practical. Maybe less.

Durability will be the key. You can print a gun, but it will only fire once (it is still plastic after all).

You know there is going to be an edible element in there sooner or later....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree, as do many, many experts..don't use the auto-brightness. I missed that part as did a couple others on this thread, cause I know they know not to use this lol

I have always gone full tilt with bright, sync, and whatever. There is no point to having a smartphone if you have to baby it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They are expensive as hell and tough to program, but yeah they are cool. In about 10 years they will be totally practical. Maybe less.

Durability will be the key. You can print a gun, but it will only fire once (it is still plastic after all).

You know there is going to be an edible element in there sooner or later....

They just had a CSI NY about that. BUT, they do parts for cars, etc with these printers. There is something they are doing to make it stronger.

Would be nice to go somewhere that has a 3D printer and just print a battery cover for your phone.

I have always gone full tilt with bright, sync, and whatever. There is no point to having a smartphone if you have to baby it

Bright and all that, yeah, but that "auto brightness" they have that many use, really does use so much battery.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They just had a CSI NY about that. BUT, they do parts for cars, etc with these printers. There is something they are doing to make it stronger.

Would be nice to go somewhere that has a 3D printer and just print a battery cover for your phone.

or better yet, never have to leave the house.

Bright and all that, yeah, but that "auto brightness" they have that many use, really does use so much battery.

Heck I am still torn on wifi. When I had verizon I didnt notice that huge a difference between keeping wifi off and just using LTE or having it switch between the two at will. Of course at the time I had a phone that would chew up an extended battery before noon.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Heck I am still torn on wifi. When I had verizon I didnt notice that huge a difference between keeping wifi off and just using LTE or having it switch between the two at will. Of course at the time I had a phone that would chew up an extended battery before noon.

Well the screen brightness can really make a big difference and I was always full brightness on my Captivate, didn't take me long to get used to it lower on my S3.

Now about leaving the house..I haven't priced those printers, but I can just imagine and I would say, "would be nice to have enough money to get one or two of those printers and the materials needed for it". ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear